Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite songs of all time

4 posters

Go down

Favorite songs of all time Empty Favorite songs of all time

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm

I know this is going to be a tough thread, as I have many songs that I consider to be my all-time favorites. I also have songs that I love, but I wouldn't consider them one to be one of my most favorite songs of ALL TIME. So this may be a challenge, but it should be fun.

I'll get things started. There will be more to come in the future. The songs I post will be all over the map in terms of genre and years. I love a lot of music. Laughing

3 Doors Down- Here Without You- It's one of those that will never get old and it sounds just amazing as it did the first time I heard it.

Alicia Keys- Karma- Love it just as much now as I did from the first day I heard it in 2003.

Carrie Underwood- Before He Cheats- Couldn't get enough of it for years, and I still love it.

Jason Aldean- Fly Over States- Adore it. Always have always will. And yes, it's up there on my list of favorite country songs of all time.

George Strait- Round About Way- One of my many favorite George Strait songs. Listened to this constantly as a kid.

George Strait- I Just Want To Dance With You- What can I say...it's the type of country I grew up on, and I used to listen to this song all the time. Still love it.

That's enough for now, lol.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite songs of all time Empty Re: Favorite songs of all time

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 am

I need to make like an outline before I post this haha I wanna put some serious thought into this my brodude. I consider favorite songs of all-time to be ones that you have listened to throughout your life for long periods of time and they impact you each time you hear them, or songs that hit you to the core, regardless of how old or new they are. I have a list the size of china of favorites...but I'm going to narrow this down to the most impactful songs.
MINE IS GOING TO BE EVEN MORE ALL OVER THE MAP! I have everything from country to christian to 90's dance and hip hop to pop to classic rock on my list right now.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 am

Purple Sky – Kid Rock
Born Free – Kid Rock
Lonely Road Of Faith – Kid Rock
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue – Toby Keith
Beer For My Horses – Toby & Willie
Who's Your Daddy – Toby Keith
Old Time Rock & Roll – Bob Seger
Against The Wind – Bob Seger
Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys – Waylon & Willie
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way – Waylon Jennings
Can't You See – Waylon Jennings
Steve McQueen – Sheryl Crow
Family Tradition – Hank Williams Jr.
Fortress – Sister Hazel
Call Me The Breeze – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Jason Aldean – Flyover States

Probably many more

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 am

There is one single song that comes to mind every time I'm asked this question. Marshall Tucker "Can't You See". I know there are other songs I like just as much, but for some reason, this is the one that I immediately think of.

I do love the song and always will.
Trufan
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I do like that song too Tru, but I like Waylon's version best even though he's not the original artist

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Another one of my all-time favorites:
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm

countryrocks wrote:Another one of my all-time favorites

I like this Smile
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 pm

New plan..instead of bombarding this poor thread with a long outline ... I'm going to do what you're doing Justin and just post random songs on random days in no particular order.... yup.

First one:
Savage Garden- To The Moon And Back
This song probably has some of my favorite lyrics, period. I have yet to find a song that is written better than this gem.
(This video isn't my favorite version and Vevo managed to screw up the audio/video syncing so the words and his mouth are way off, but it's the best audio, and that's what counts!...also.. I don't know how they determined this is "extended"..it's not...the song is cut short and it's most definitely the radio edit of the audio.)
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 pm

^ Of the Savage Garden songs I've heard, I'm pretty sure that one is my favorite. Break Me Shake Me is right up there too though!
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:New plan..instead of bombarding this poor thread with a long outline ... I'm going to do what you're doing Justin and just post random songs on random days in no particular order.... yup.

Laughing Laughing Laughing How you worded that amused me to no end. But yeah, that's the only way I can think of to approach a thread like this. There are just so many amazing songs out there that I'm sure I would consider my to be among my all-time favorites. I could sit down and try to write a list, but I just don't think that would work for me. I'll probably keep adding to this thread well into the future!
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:New plan..instead of bombarding this poor thread with a long outline ... I'm going to do what you're doing Justin and just post random songs on random days in no particular order.... yup.

Laughing Laughing Laughing How you worded that amused me to no end. But yeah, that's the only way I can think of to approach a thread like this. There are just so many amazing songs out there that I'm sure I would consider my to be among my all-time favorites. I could sit down and try to write a list, but I just don't think that would work for me. I'll probably keep adding to this thread well into the future!

Like how I tried to list my favorite 90's songs in our notebook and now I feel the need to add/take away more? HAHA! I'm really cool at wording normal phrases in a hilarious way...it's fine. I want to only put the ones that I truly consider my all-times ya know? Which will be a challenge but I really want to try. I still need to post that topic about the favorite artist and why! It'll take time because I need to come up with what I want to say hahahaha.

countryrocks wrote:^ Of the Savage Garden songs I've heard, I'm pretty sure that one is my favorite. Break Me Shake Me is right up there too though!
"I Want You" is still my favorite of theirs...there is something about that song that will always make it my favorite. But TTMAB is just incredible...it's literally perfect....it's the perfect song in my opinion. I friggin' love Break Me Shake Me too...you know this. It's very Michael Jackson-esque and I love that too haha.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Another Favorite:
Roxette- The Look

Roxette is definitely one of my favorite bands and this song never ceases to put me in a good mood. I grew up listening to them and they may possibly be one of the reasons I fell so hard for Savage Garden's music when I was younger. They're music is incredibly similar and SG has been compared countless times to Roxette. I can hear the similarities and their styles are almost the same...which makes sense since Savage Garden's music is greatly inspired by 80's pop music. What I have yet to hear is how Savage Garden's "I Want You" reminds many people of this song. Possibly the guitar rifs and melody?

Which leads to....
My #1 favorite song of all time:
Savage Garden- I Want You

Sweet like a CHICA CHERRY COLA Very Happy cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry Very Happy
If I'm having a bad day, just add Savage Garden.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down