Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noticing things about songs

2 posters

Go down

Noticing things about songs Empty Noticing things about songs

Post  ChicaCherryCola Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

So the other day I was listening to this song for about the hundredth time, and for the first time I realized there is no use of electronic/instrumental sounds involved in the song until the very end and it BLEW MY MIND. It's all Darren Hayes' voice, and the background vocals are also him (he's always done his own background vocals his whole career, super cool) and that's what creates the melody. The song is almost 100% vocal, besides the ending... it kills me. I have a whole new appreciation for the song now, even though I adored it before I knew this because it's a stunning song. This just gives me even more reason to call him a musical genius.
Darren Hayes - Walkaway

So has anything like this ever happened to anyone? Where you listen to a song a 100 times and the 101 time you listen to it you notice something about the song you never had before? It could be bad or good.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Noticing things about songs Empty Re: Noticing things about songs

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 am

Emerson Drive...Countrified Soul. For the longest time, I thought the lyric was "keep my countrified soul" ...nope, it's "kick my countrified soul" and still, to this very day, I don't hear "kick" at all. At all. It's like they didn't even make the "ck" sound. Well, as the song goes on, they start to enunciate it a little better. But the first line when they're just singing without any music...no way.

countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 am

^.... I hear Kick.... every...time.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:^.... I hear Kick.... every...time.

It's mostly the first time they sing it at the start of the song that I don't hear. haha. The rest I kinda can. Kinda. Especially after I knew what the lyric was. Love the song, but honestly the "kick" parts of the song slightly annoy me haha.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:38 am

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:^.... I hear Kick.... every...time.

It's mostly the first time they sing it at the start of the song that I don't hear. haha. The rest I kinda can. Kinda. Especially after I knew what the lyric was. Love the song, but honestly the "kick" parts of the song slightly annoy me haha.

They're Canadian... the accent comes into play... Ever hear Darren sing "Draw"... it's hilarious.
P.s. did you ever notice that "Walkaway" was completely vocal?
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down