Favorite Collaborations/Duets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Collaborations/Duets

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:27 am

What are some collaborative performances you thought were amazing? Share and Discuss Smile

My absolute favorite:
Delta Goodrem & Darren Hayes - Lost Without You They're voices sound amazing together! My favorite Aussies :p

OH and here's the original... I like it better with Darren, he adds a whole lot of emotion to this beautiful song (not that it lacked emotion!).

Last edited by ChicaCherryCola on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total

ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Collaborations/Duets

Post  countryrocks on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Live performance of Here Without You by 3 Doors Down and Sara Evans This is the first one that came to mind, probably because it is still one of my favorite songs of all time. (Only thing is, I don't think the song suits Sara's voice that well.)

I'm sure this is a song that everyone has heard before, but if not here's the amazing original version from 3 Doors Down. The song isn't a duet, Sara just performed it with them that one time.

countryrocks
Admin

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  threadsense on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:21 am

"You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" remains a favorite.....the original by David Frizzell & Shelley West and the "Duets" cover by Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert.

Also, the entire album "Tuskegee" by Lionel Richie, etc.

Rick Nelson & Fats Domino did a killer duet of "I'm Walkin"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWfsJx1ycY0
the horns in this are awesome.

Rick Nelson & Dean Martin from the 1959 film "Rio Bravo" (its worth the rental)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuAjwvtxEM

threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 am

JUSTIN! I love that one so much! I saw it years ago and just went nuts! I completely forgot about it until now when you posted that! They do sound incredible together and I'm a huge fan of both Sara and 3 Doors Down.

ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm

threadsense wrote:"You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" remains a favorite.....the original by David Frizzell & Shelley West and the "Duets" cover by Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert.

100% agree...absolutely love that song. I even have to give credit where credit is due- Miranda and Blake did a great job with it.

countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:08 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:JUSTIN! I love that one so much! I saw it years ago and just went nuts! I completely forgot about it until now when you posted that! They do sound incredible together and I'm a huge fan of both Sara and 3 Doors Down.

I adore that song, and I like how Sara and Brad Arnold's voices blend together. It's one of those songs I can regularly listen to without getting at all tired of it. The melody and instrumentation is just perfect, and it's never aged a day. I feel the same way about it as I always have!

countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:JUSTIN! I love that one so much! I saw it years ago and just went nuts! I completely forgot about it until now when you posted that! They do sound incredible together and I'm a huge fan of both Sara and 3 Doors Down.

I adore that song, and I like how Sara and Brad Arnold's voices blend together. It's one of those songs I can regularly listen to without getting at all tired of it. The melody and instrumentation is just perfect, and it's never aged a day. I feel the same way about it as I always have!

I do love the song...this version of it is more appealing than the original, maybe because it's Sara.... I have gotten sick of the song over the years but I still love it. Radio really did an number on it.... ps you should listen to the Delta Darren duet I posted... now that I have pushed Delta onto you haha.... Seriously the sound amazing together.

ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:51 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:ps you should listen to the Delta Darren duet I posted... now that I have pushed Delta onto you haha.... Seriously the sound amazing together.

It's a great song; I love the vocal arrangements in it. Their voices are perfect together. And the piano is an excellent backing for their vocals.

countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:ps you should listen to the Delta Darren duet I posted... now that I have pushed Delta onto you haha.... Seriously the sound amazing together.

It's a great song; I love the vocal arrangements in it. Their voices are perfect together. And the piano is an excellent backing for their vocals.

Delta can play the heck out of a piano. I'm in love with that version of the song. I want more collaborations with them together haha!

ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
countryrocks wrote:

Delta can play the heck out of a piano. I'm in love with that version of the song. I want more collaborations with them together haha!

I want to hear them sing Innocent Eyes together.

countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 am

^I'd probably die... so maybe not haha. The content of that song is Delta though, so I think it'd be a little off. Lost Without You fit them both so well... Innocent Eyes is all Delta.

ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top