Songs You Like Better Live?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Songs You Like Better Live?

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:16 am

Are there any songs that you have liked or loved better live than recorded? Many artists tend to do different versions of their songs during live performances, or simply just sound better live. Has this ever happened to anyone?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MINE:
Darren Hayes - Insatiable
This is my least favorite song of his that he has recorded, but I love it when he sings it live. It doesn't even sound like the same song to me.

RECORDED VERSION:

LIVE VERSION: (A lot different and acoustic versions are always more appealing to me)
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs You Like Better Live?

Post  threadsense on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Alabama is better live than recorded, as is Phil Vasser.....both really let it all hang out
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm

On several of Toby Keith's albums there are live tracks of his older songs, like You Ain't Much Fun, Should've Been A Cowboy and Whiskey Girl... I like the live versions better because they were from when he was older and his voice has gotten quite a bit deeper over the years. I also like the better because his road band has a horn section, and they add a lot to the songs. You don't hear the horns on the studio tracks.

And of course FREE BIRD is always better live. That is the ultimate live song IMO

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 pm

threadsense wrote:Alabama is better live than recorded, as is Phil Vasser.....both really let it all hang out

I was NOT impressed with Alabama when I saw them, but I think it was just really bad acoustics mixed with exhaustion. They had NO energy or emotion and sounded awful so I can't say whether or not they're great live. I wish I'd seen them in a different setting.

COMPLETELY agree with Phil Vassar though. He is phenomenal live... He climbed everything the first time I saw him live... then sang from as high up as he could get. Such an amazing and energetic entertainer. I've seen him twice and I would see him a thousand more times.

Miranda_3 wrote:On several of Toby Keith's albums there are live tracks of his older songs, like You Ain't Much Fun, Should've Been A Cowboy and Whiskey Girl... I like the live versions better because they were from when he was older and his voice has gotten quite a bit deeper over the years. I also like the better because his road band has a horn section, and they add a lot to the songs. You don't hear the horns on the studio tracks.

Toby used to be incredible live... I haven't been into his music as much anymore... it bores me. His old stuff though, still gets me.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
threadsense wrote:Alabama is better live than recorded, as is Phil Vasser.....both really let it all hang out

I was NOT impressed with Alabama when I saw them, but I think it was just really bad acoustics mixed with exhaustion. They had NO energy or emotion and sounded awful so I can't say whether or not they're great live. I wish I'd seen them in a different setting.

COMPLETELY agree with Phil Vassar though. He is phenomenal live... He climbed everything the first time I saw him live... then sang from as high up as he could get. Such an amazing and energetic entertainer. I've seen him twice and I would see him a thousand more times.

I haven't seen Alabama live, but I did see Phil Vassar live before and he was absolutely amazing. I already love most of his music, and he had so much energy. Even my mom was blown away, and for her to be truly blown away by any of today's modern country acts is rare. I met him too, and he was really great. Very friendly and not at all "rushed" to get everyone through the line.

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm

^ exactly! Super friendly dude, met him too at the fair.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  threadsense on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Phil is most charming, personable and friendly. He and my daughter follow each other on Twitter (she makes gourmet cupcakes). He's one of my favorite live acts live ever.

The acoustics for Alabama have dwindled significantly over the years....however, each year in June, they still have a "June Jam" fan event that includes "Songwriters Showcase" where they invite other songwriters and make an evening of it. They always do a few of their own hits, and those harmonies are pitch perfect with the first bar. They are more fun hanging out somewhere other than their show, where it isn't the Randy Owen show.
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:05 am

Are there any specific songs that anyone actually prefers live over recorded... like my example? I'm curious haha.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top