BASEBALL 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BASEBALL 2013

Post  threadsense on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Pitchers & Catchers repor Feb 11...Full squad Feb 16....My first game is April 4; a nooner against the Seattle Mariners....on a Thursday...its Spring Break!

Any predictions?
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Re: BASEBALL 2013

Post  threadsense on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Ah, A's Baseball on the radio....weekends only during most of spring training, but it's "my" broadcasters (Ken Korac, Ray Fosse & Vince Catroneo) and I'm familiar with most of the players. Life is good.

Oakland won the AL West in 2012, but tanked the first round of the playoffs....they stand at least an equal chance this year. Sometimes low payroll means hungry players.

The competition this weekend was Colorado Rockies. I'm not much of a National League fan, but this club has something special...and I'll back them for the 2013 season. Their new manager is former Oakland A Walt Weiss, the 1988 AL Rookie of the Year....the last year of Oakland's ROY trifecta of Jose Canseco ('86) Mark McGwire ('87) and Weiss. I have the poster from that year....Canseco & McGwire have Weiss stretched out horizontally across their arms...its killer cute....Weiss was a shortstop, and small; McGwire & Canseco are 6'4" plus...

Anyway, its baseball...and I'm happy
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:16 am

I've been watching my Braves updates online and am counting down the days as well! Of course, being an alumni of the two time college world series champions University of South Carolina, I've been watching my Gamecocks as well....new coach this year!
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  threadsense on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I went to the ballgame today!!!!! Spring is here for real now.

A great day at the ballpark.....Oakland beat Seattle 8-2...Josh Reddick & Yoenis Cespedis hit their first home runs of the season. Seattle's Michael Morse hit his FOURTH...off to a very hot season.

The food is still good, the people nice....weather 'iffy', but we got through all 9 innings with no rain.
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:26 am

Just bought tickets for Braves vs Dodgers at Turner field for the weekend of May 18. We'll go Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. So excited!
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top