Random Thoughts!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts!

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm

loyalheart wrote:
I listened to her first album, and enjoyed it. I listened to the first song on her second album, and I thought it was such a mess, that I couldn't even continue listening to the rest, haha.
LEFT OF THE MIDDLE is a masterpiece in my opinion. I actually have a huge poster on my wall of the album cover because I love her and that album so much. Her second album is a mess at first, even I can admit that, however That Day (If I call recall right that is the first single off White Lillies Island) isn't her best. From that album, give "Sunlight" a chance if nothing else. "Wrong Impression" maybe too, but I don't expect you to go crazy over that one. But Sunlight is a MUST listen. Seriously it's gold.
I also listened to Vertical Horizon, and liked them. I actually remember some of their songs from back then when they used to be played on the radio. That was a nice flashback.
They had 3 big singles in the late 90's (Everything You Want, You're A God, Best I Ever Had) so I figured you'd at least heard one of those. I adore them and they really know how to make an album.
Didn't really care for The Warren Brothers, Dave Barnes, or Third Eye Blind. Didn't give Alex Band a chance yet, and I didn't give U2 a chance either, though I've heard U2 songs back then when they used to play on the radio and television.
To me they are all acquired tastes. Especially The WB's and Dave. Dave is SUPER mellow. Alex band- Definitely give that kid a chance. Holy shizballs is he talented. I was pumped beyond belief when his solo record came out FINALLY. U2 is a classic..Justin isn't a huge fan, but me on the other hand, I pretty much live for their music. With or Without You slays me every time I hear it. Those lyrics are so incredible.
Emerson Drive is cool too, but I only listened to that one album where that car is on that highway or something. Smile
Ah you have much to learn about the wonder that is Emerson Drive young grasshopper. Justin and I could not even begin to let you come out of this not being an EDrive fan. It's going to happen. Yup the car one is Emerson Drive I adore it to this day (it has Fall Into Me I love you I love you I love you )
Justin has a Darren too! And, I just like hogging him, but like I said on that other forum we go to, that I gave back your Darren. I guess I'll give Justin his back too.
I feel like I win since he is both my avatar AND my siggy AND I have posted about him on here soooo much more (Including my GLORIOUS Favorite Artist of All Time thread that no one has even touched and I spent a good hour thoughtfully making my post).
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  loyalheart on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 am

LEFT OF THE MIDDLE is a masterpiece in my opinion. I actually have a huge poster on my wall of the album cover because I love her and that album so much. Her second album is a mess at first, even I can admit that, however That Day (If I call recall right that is the first single off White Lillies Island) isn't her best. From that album, give "Sunlight" a chance if nothing else. "Wrong Impression" maybe too, but I don't expect you to go crazy over that one. But Sunlight is a MUST listen. Seriously it's gold.
Yes, Left Of The Middle is indeed quite good. I was actually shocked at how much I loved the album, actually. I really liked "Torn" when it came out years and years ago, but that was back before there was such a thing as streaming. So, I had no way of listening to the album and seeing if I had liked it or not. LOL, okay, so I wasn't alone with thinking at how awful that first song on her second album is. That was just a bad song to start an album off with. I'll check out those two songs you spoke about. At least that album has some gems, but I refuse to give the whole thing a listen, haha.
They had 3 big singles in the late 90's (Everything You Want, You're A God, Best I Ever Had) so I figured you'd at least heard one of those. I adore them and they really know how to make an album.
I think I remember all three of those songs on the radio in the past. They really are pretty good, and it was worth it checking out their album. Smile
To me they are all acquired tastes. Especially The WB's and Dave. Dave is SUPER mellow. Alex band- Definitely give that kid a chance. Holy shizballs is he talented. I was pumped beyond belief when his solo record came out FINALLY. U2 is a classic..Justin isn't a huge fan, but me on the other hand, I pretty much live for their music. With or Without You slays me every time I hear it. Those lyrics are so incredible.
I suppose you are right. I'll give Alex Band a chance, for sure. I promise. He went solo? So, Alex Band isn't his name, that's the name of the band? I'm confused, lol. If he has solo material, I guess I'll check that out too.
Ah you have much to learn about the wonder that is Emerson Drive young grasshopper. Justin and I could not even begin to let you come out of this not being an EDrive fan. It's going to happen. Yup the car one is Emerson Drive I adore it to this day (it has Fall Into Me I love you I love you I love you )
That I do. Haha, yes, tie me down and force me to listen to them if you have to, lmao. It probably will happen, but who knows. I already like one of their albums, so I don't see me hating the rest of their stuff.
I feel like I win since he is both my avatar AND my siggy AND I have posted about him on here soooo much more (Including my GLORIOUS Favorite Artist of All Time thread that no one has even touched and I spent a good hour thoughtfully making my post).
Yes, you did go way more into Darren than anyone else ever could. Smile I did read that thread, and I shall make a reply at some point. I just think whatever I have to say there will obviously not compare to what you have put into that thread. Hehe.

loyalheart

Back to top Go down

My beautiful home town

Post  Trufan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 pm

This was sent to me by a friend and I wanted to share with my friends. It is a video of Charleston, SC...my home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay2xtTHCnog
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Trufan wrote:This was sent to me by a friend and I wanted to share with my friends. It is a video of Charleston, SC...my home.

Thanks for posting this! I've never been there, but it looks like a gorgeous place. And I have to say that weather looks perfect right now. Laughing

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  threadsense on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Trufan wrote:This was sent to me by a friend and I wanted to share with my friends. It is a video of Charleston, SC...my home.

I thought you would have posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7HzFlOXq4
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 pm

threadsense wrote:

I thought you would have posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7HzFlOXq4

yeah, I think I've shared that on in the past as well. I love my home!! (and I love me some Hootie)
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top