Writing to a celebrity/musician

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I've been contemplating writing a certain musician a letter telling him how his music has impacted my life, BUT I am really intimidated because this is going to be a very heavy letter, not just oh I love you and your music. I know what I want to say, I know my story, but I don't know how to put it into words and go about actually writing the letter.

So my question is has anyone ever done this and if so would you be willing to share your experience? Or if anyone has any pointers, tips, ANYTHING haha, I would greatly appreciate it!

(Justin seriously just reply to this to humor me... I have gotten NOTHING from numerous sources... this is getting weird scratch )
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 am

Oh come on now SOMEONE has had to have done this or at least THOUGHT about it! Pleeeeease! Haha. bounce *waits impatiently*
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  countryrocks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Well, I think you should invite your very best friend over and have them help you write a brilliant outline at 4 in the morning.....oh wait, we already did that.

And....pig pig

_________________
avatar
countryrocks
Admin

Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-01-12

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 pm

countryrocks wrote:Well, I think you should invite your very best friend over and have them help you write a brilliant outline at 4 in the morning.....oh wait, we already did that.

And....pig pig

That did happen and yes, it was brilliant! I need to write this bad boy. But seriously has NO ONE ever done this before? I feel like a weirdo!

And... you get a cherry! cherry
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  countryrocks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
countryrocks wrote:Well, I think you should invite your very best friend over and have them help you write a brilliant outline at 4 in the morning.....oh wait, we already did that.

And....pig pig

That did happen and yes, it was brilliant! I need to write this bad boy. But seriously has NO ONE ever done this before? I feel like a weirdo!

And... you get a cherry! cherry

You are a weirdo, so it's all good! haha but yeah you need to write it. If you need anymore help you know where to find me bounce

Pig...meet cherry. Cherry...meet pig. cherry pig

_________________
avatar
countryrocks
Admin

Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-01-12

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

countryrocks wrote:
You are a weirdo, so it's all good! haha but yeah you need to write it. If you need anymore help you know where to find me bounce

Pig...meet cherry. Cherry...meet pig. cherry pig

Daw! They look so cute together!

I probably will need help once it's like rough drafted haha. I just wish I could get some outside insight on this!
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  countryrocks on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
countryrocks wrote:
You are a weirdo, so it's all good! haha but yeah you need to write it. If you need anymore help you know where to find me bounce

Pig...meet cherry. Cherry...meet pig. cherry pig

Daw! They look so cute together!

I probably will need help once it's like rough drafted haha. I just wish I could get some outside insight on this!

They're us...I'm the pig, you're the cherry.

I know, I guess no one else has done it- at least not the type of letter you want to write. It would probably be hard for others to give you advice anyway though. I know you got this though- I knew it after we wrote the outline. Yeah once you get the rough draft written up let me know and then we'll turn that into the most awesome letter ever. cherry pig

_________________
avatar
countryrocks
Admin

Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-01-12

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Do people not write these types of letters? I guess I would have never thought to write a celeb a musician intentionally, I'm doing this because I feel like I need to...for me and to thank him. It's important, it's not just for fun.

avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  Miranda_3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 am

Well being a 10-year veteran of the newspaper business {ha ha} I've written a lot of personal columns and editorials aside from straight news reports. I find that people are more affected by a few carefully chosen words than a big, long winded treatise. My advice to anyone in writing anything is to keep it short and sweet and not let it ramble any longer than necessary

Miranda_3

Posts : 75
Join date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Miranda_3 wrote:Well being a 10-year veteran of the newspaper business {ha ha} I've written a lot of personal columns and editorials aside from straight news reports. I find that people are more affected by a few carefully chosen words than a big, long winded treatise. My advice to anyone in writing anything is to keep it short and sweet and not let it ramble any longer than necessary

THANK YOU! That seriously helps a lot. Trying to condense it is a challenge, but I don't want them reading a dang novel haha.
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  countryrocks on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Miranda_3 wrote:Well being a 10-year veteran of the newspaper business {ha ha} I've written a lot of personal columns and editorials aside from straight news reports. I find that people are more affected by a few carefully chosen words than a big, long winded treatise. My advice to anyone in writing anything is to keep it short and sweet and not let it ramble any longer than necessary

THANK YOU! That seriously helps a lot. Trying to condense it is a challenge, but I don't want them reading a dang novel haha.

I'm good at condensing, haha. So after you get the rough draft out I can def help you with that if needed.

_________________
avatar
countryrocks
Admin

Posts : 372
Join date : 2013-01-12

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Seriously you are! You helped tremendously with the outline! I love how much thought there is going to into this when most people would just write it and send it haha. I don't know how many people write letters like THIS though... this is pretty heavy.
avatar
ChicaCherryCola

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-01-14
Age : 24
Location : North Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing to a celebrity/musician

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum