Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Big Town- Tornado

4 posters

Go down

Do you like it?

Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_lcap80%Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_lcap20%Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_lcap0%Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_lcap0%Little Big Town- Tornado Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Little Big Town- Tornado Empty Little Big Town- Tornado

Post  countryrocks Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm

What do you think of the title track of LBT's latest album?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEmQJG2HHU
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Big Town- Tornado Empty Re: Little Big Town- Tornado

Post  Miranda_3 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

I like it

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 am

Obsessed. There are those random LBT songs that I go nuts for...this is one of them. Plus I figured out the music video (Justin...I'm brilliant). Makes me feel artsy and shiz.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:04 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Obsessed. There are those random LBT songs that I go nuts for...this is one of them. Plus I figured out the music video (Justin...I'm brilliant). Makes me feel artsy and shiz.

I honestly have no clue if that's what the director was going for, but that in my mind is 100% totally what they were going for! haha I was all like, it makes no sense...I'm confused and so is everyone else. And then you're just like BAM, it means this. And it made good sense too haha. it's still not my favorite video, I love LBT so I watch it ha, but the concept isn't my favorite. Amazing song though. I love LBT's new album. I'm going to have to play you more from it...might not be your thing, but I'm going to play it anyway cuz you never know bounce
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:Obsessed. There are those random LBT songs that I go nuts for...this is one of them. Plus I figured out the music video (Justin...I'm brilliant). Makes me feel artsy and shiz.

I honestly have no clue if that's what the director was going for, but that in my mind is 100% totally what they were going for! haha I was all like, it makes no sense...I'm confused and so is everyone else. And then you're just like BAM, it means this. And it made good sense too haha. it's still not my favorite video, I love LBT so I watch it ha, but the concept isn't my favorite. Amazing song though. I love LBT's new album. I'm going to have to play you more from it...might not be your thing, but I'm going to play it anyway cuz you never know bounce

I know you are!!! I do enjoy them so play away!.... I am still proud of myself for that haha it made total sense to me when I watched it so when you were like dude this makes NO SENSE watch it and I'm just like ... um, yeah it does BAM.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 am

The song has really grown on me. It has a very haunting sound to it. Now as far as the video, I admit, I'm ignorant to what it is about. Would someone care to explain? Then I'll watch it and have my aha moment..Thanks
Trufan
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 am

^ *re-watching video*
The part that Justin didn't understand at all was why the woman lit the quilt thing on fire, intentionally, then tries to stop it for the rest of the video. Now I may be completely off, and I've taken way too many art philosophy courses, so I can take nothing at face value anymore, but this is my theory.
Lighting the fire symbolized someone starting something thinking it was a good idea, that it was the right decision. Even if they know the outcome could be bad, they do it anyway. Trying to get the fire out the rest of the video after she intentionally lit it knowing what was going to happen symbolizes someone trying to stop what they've started because now they realized "wow that was a bad idea why did I do that?", but it's not that easy. Once you start something, it's not that easy to stop it, such as a fire. It's destructive and hard to stop, which is like a lot of decisions people make. You start something, then spend your whole life trying to reverse the mistake you made...Essentially, there are consequences to your actions, so think before you make stupid decisions.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:^ *re-watching video*
The part that Justin didn't understand at all was why the woman lit the quilt thing on fire, intentionally, then tries to stop it for the rest of the video. Now I may be completely off, and I've taken way too many art philosophy courses, so I can take nothing at face value anymore, but this is my theory.
Lighting the fire symbolized someone starting something thinking it was a good idea, that it was the right decision. Even if they know the outcome could be bad, they do it anyway. Trying to get the fire out the rest of the video after she intentionally lit it knowing what was going to happen symbolizes someone trying to stop what they've started because now they realized "wow that was a bad idea why did I do that?", but it's not that easy. Once you start something, it's not that easy to stop it, such as a fire. It's destructive and hard to stop, which is like a lot of decisions people make. You start something, then spend your whole life trying to reverse the mistake you made...Essentially, there are consequences to your actions, so think before you make stupid decisions.

Best...explanation....ever. It's an explanation everyone at some point in there lives can relate to!! I am saving this. I am literally copying and pasting this and saving it.

So what's your take on the rest of the video buddy?
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:^ *re-watching video*

Best...explanation....ever. It's an explanation everyone at some point in there lives can relate to!! I am saving this. I am literally copying and pasting this and saving it.

So what's your take on the rest of the video buddy?

BAHAHA! This stuff just comes to me... I swear it's because of all the dang art philosophy/history courses I've taken.

Pick out specific things.... I'll go from there.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:BAHAHA! This stuff just comes to me... I swear it's because of all the dang art philosophy/history courses I've taken.

I think there's tons of symbolism in the video, and that just makes it overal really confusing. The part towards the start of the song when they're walking through town and everyone is taking shelter makes sense...the video is great, but there's lots of hidden meaning I think (like with the dice) and I am terrible at figuring out and interpreting symbolism Laughing
The lyrics make perfect sense though and it's an extremely well written song! It's for sure one of my favs from the album.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:BAHAHA! This stuff just comes to me... I swear it's because of all the dang art philosophy/history courses I've taken.

I think there's tons of symbolism in the video, and that just makes it overal really confusing. The part towards the start of the song when they're walking through town and everyone is taking shelter makes sense...the video is great, but there's lots of hidden meaning I think (like with the dice) and I am terrible at figuring out and interpreting symbolism Laughing
The lyrics make perfect sense though and it's an extremely well written song! It's for sure one of my favs from the album.

I will watch the video more carefully and try to pay attention to the small details, then I'll let you know what they meant to me at least. I'm probably looking too far into things haha. It's what I do.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:40 am

I've wanted to post this song on my Facebook page but I'm afraid it would just not be appropriate when most of my friends are tornado victims in some form or fashion

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 am

Miranda_3 wrote:I've wanted to post this song on my Facebook page but I'm afraid it would just not be appropriate when most of my friends are tornado victims in some form or fashion

When I first heard this song, I thought about what happened and I wasn't sure how you or other tornado victims would react to it. Before I even heard the song/album I saw the title Tornado, and I though it may be a song literally talking about a storm. I thought that was a strange title for an album, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the song and realized the lyrics are just a very well written metaphor.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Well I like it, but I haven't really heard anyone else mention it. I like the music to it

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down