ACM's in April

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ACM's in April

Post  countryrocks on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm

It's a ways off, but with the way time flies it will be here before we know it. Any preliminary predications or wishful thoughts?
countryrocks
Admin

http://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ACM's in April

Post  Trufan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:04 pm

How about this....NOT Taylor. God I love saying that without fear of being attacked...lol
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  threadsense on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm

I know I'm not the only one who hopes Taylor is shut out, but its also no longer important.....since we won't be subjected to her every move, photo op or comment.

Can I get an "AMEN"!
threadsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

cheers cheers cheers AMEN AMEN AMEN
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I feel that Toby should be nominated

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 am

Miranda_3 wrote:I feel that Toby should be nominated

And, Little Big Town needs to win Group.

Chris Young NEEDS to be male vocalist already!
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd say LBT probably will win the group award, since they won it at the CMAs. People are catching on that they are better and more original than Lady A

I also agree about Chris Young. I love the song Neon. He is a good looking man with a great voice

Speaking of Chris... Did you invite Kari from CWO to this board?

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Miranda_3 wrote:I'd say LBT probably will win the group award, since they won it at the CMAs. People are catching on that they are better and more original than Lady A

I also agree about Chris Young. I love the song Neon. He is a good looking man with a great voice

Speaking of Chris... Did you invite Kari from CWO to this board?

Lady A's songs and vocal arrangements are very uninspiring, to say the least. Sounds like watered-down Rascal Flatts type country/pop music to me.

I love pretty much all of Chris Young's music...I bought his albums, and I'm extremely impressed.

I have no way of getting in touch with Kari, but if you know a way to get ahold of her to invite her it would be great!! cheers
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Sally is awaiting approval to join as well. She is on my FB friends
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:36 am

I am hoping that Taylor gets shut out of all things country this year, seriously. She has abandoned country as it is so why bother nominating her? Hopefully the awards sees it that way too.

All my favorite country acts don't exist anymore.. I've given up on hoping they'll get nominated! (Emerson Drive, Sara Evans, The Warren Brothers)
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Justin I did invite Kari. I think she did join, but she's been having some personal issues lately. That's probably why she hasn't posted yet

I really think Toby Keith's Hope On The Rocks should be nominated at least for video of the year

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:I am hoping that Taylor gets shut out of all things country this year, seriously. She has abandoned country as it is so why bother nominating her? Hopefully the awards sees it that way too.

All my favorite country acts don't exist anymore.. I've given up on hoping they'll get nominated! (Emerson Drive, Sara Evans, The Warren Brothers)

She has been getting ignored at the country shows....I love it Very Happy

Sara Evans has the greatest possiblity of getting nominated. Emerson Drive and The Warren Brothers are non-existent as far as mainstream country is concerned, but Sara is still coming out with new material that you hear on the radio. Her delivery of My Heart Can't Tell You No should at least secure her a nomination.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 pm

^ Thank goodness! I was getting real sick of her.

I hope you're right. Sara deserves SO much more credit for her work than she receives. She gets pushed aside by Carry, Lady A, Taylor, Martina... she is true country and has a very different a distinct voice. Carrie and Martina have powerhouse voices that sound very similar, but Sara has her own voice that is completely hers, you can tell right away when you hear it. That's one of the reasons I adore her so much.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:56 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:^ Thank goodness! I was getting real sick of her.

I hope you're right. Sara deserves SO much more credit for her work than she receives. She gets pushed aside by Carry, Lady A, Taylor, Martina... she is true country and has a very different a distinct voice. Carrie and Martina have powerhouse voices that sound very similar, but Sara has her own voice that is completely hers, you can tell right away when you hear it. That's one of the reasons I adore her so much.

The CMA's still nominate Taylor, but she hasn't been winning. And it's a beautiful thing. The ACM's, however...she has won Entertainer of the Year in 2011 and 2012. But that's because the ACM's went to this stupid fan voting thing for EOTY, rendering the category a complete and utter joke. Even more of a joke than it was before.

The ACM's are worse than the CMA's. The CMA's aren't anything that great either, but they are much better than the ACM's. I'm sure Sara will be ignored at the ACM's. The CMA's are a bit more decent to her, but you're right that she has gotten pushed aside. What's sad is that at one point, artists that can sing well like Carrie, Martina, and Sara got pushed aside for someone like Taylor who, at least in comparison to the rest of the nominees, is a terrible singer. I love it when a talented artist wins. Sadly, their talent is probably not the reason they won though. Take LBT for example. They won Vocal Group of the Year FINALLY, but it's because Pontoon was so huge for them. I'm thrilled they beat Lady A, as the are far superior vocally to them in my opinion, but they won because of how successful Pontoon and their Tornado album is and not because of their exquisite harmonies. I'm at the point where I don't care though, ha. A win is a win. Glad to see LBT getting the attention they've always deserved!

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 am

How I feel watching the award shows:

I start out like:

By the end I'm like:
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 am

That caused laughter and fear, all at once. And it's scary accurate... literally hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

countryrocks wrote:That caused laughter and fear, all at once. And it's scary accurate... literally hahaha.

Seriously I felt the same way posting it! First you're like "oooh I wonder who's gonna wi.... OH JEEZ who even nominated them!?"
By the end it's like "GAAAH WHY DID I EVEN SUBJECT MYSELF TO THIS ANARCHY!? WHYYYYYY!? I'M OUT!"
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Trufan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

And that's exactly why I don't watch them anymore.
Trufan

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
countryrocks wrote:That caused laughter and fear, all at once. And it's scary accurate... literally hahaha.

Seriously I felt the same way posting it! First you're like "oooh I wonder who's gonna wi.... OH JEEZ who even nominated them!?"
By the end it's like "GAAAH WHY DID I EVEN SUBJECT MYSELF TO THIS ANARCHY!? WHYYYYYY!? I'M OUT!"

I DVR it and then FF the junk. I watch the performances I want to see and the actual awards, but usually I read the winners online first so I know what to skip haha. The sound system is so bad on the award shows, but artists like Little Big Town still sound phenomenal I swear. Nothing can make those harmonies sound anything less than perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:

I DVR it and then FF the junk. I watch the performances I want to see and the actual awards, but usually I read the winners online first so I know what to skip haha. The sound system is so bad on the award shows, but artists like Little Big Town still sound phenomenal I swear. Nothing can make those harmonies sound anything less than perfect.

I don't like ANYONE who is nominated anymore! I used to have people to look forward to now I'm just like:
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:52 am

Taylor Swift has just about gone kaput, if you ask me. She's annoyed everybody half to death with her boyfriends and her hurt feelings. She's getting down to the end of her 15 minutes IMO

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Miranda_3 wrote:Taylor Swift has just about gone kaput, if you ask me. She's annoyed everybody half to death with her boyfriends and her hurt feelings. She's getting down to the end of her 15 minutes IMO

She is a joke now..people don't take her seriously anymore. She is very hypocritical and pretentious.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Well I thought what Kanye West did to her was wrong, but it seems like here lately she gets upset at everythng. I even like some of her songs but I'm growing tired of all the men. She's changed, has turned sort of slutty, and I just don't care as much for her

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Miranda_3 wrote:Well I thought what Kanye West did to her was wrong, but it seems like here lately she gets upset at everythng. I even like some of her songs but I'm growing tired of all the men. She's changed, has turned sort of slutty, and I just don't care as much for her

What he did was so unbelievably unacceptable and childish. Nobody deserves that!
I agree. I love her old music, but now that she's changed so much I find myself listening to it less and less all the time. I own and love her first 3 albums but Red killed it for me. I have lost all respect for her as a musician at this point. She turned into a Miley Cyrus.
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda_3 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

I have the first three albums too, but I just deleted them from my Walkman. I have no desire to get the new one. The first three are pretty good actually, but I admit that I was listening to them because I had started thinking a lot about my high school crush after I got divorced. Once I quit doing that, I didn't really want to listen to Taylor Swift anymore

Miranda_3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top