Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Rating Game

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Song Rating Game - Page 4 Empty Re: Song Rating Game

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:David Guetta & Chris Willis- Love is Gone-
Rating: 1.5

I really enjoyed that 1.5 rating haha it amused me Razz

Natalie Imbruglia- Sunlight- 10+ ..instantly loved it. Great lyrics. It does sound very 90-ish!!

New 1:

Pitbull- Don't Stop The Party- ..love this!! Don't stop the parrrrtayyyyy!
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 am

I really enjoyed that 1.5 rating haha it amused me Razz
Haha why???

Natalie Imbruglia- Sunlight- 10+ ..instantly loved it. Great lyrics. It does sound very 90-ish!!
YAY! bounce bounce bounce The lyrics are incredible and there is just something about the sound that just draws me in. Her style has remained the same and I love that. It changes the perfect amount with each record, but never into mainstream.

Pitbull- Don't Stop The Party-
Lemme just say.... 10++++
...and I have this whole damn CD. Gah Pitbull.

You'll probably hate this...But I'm running out of new music haha
I really don't even know where I found her, but I somehow ended up with her songs and I love them. I've known about her for years actually. So here goes!

That totally doesn't say her name wow.... Hana Pestle.
Oh and she's from Montana haha.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:03 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Haha why???

haha I just imagined you being like, well I hate it...but I'll give it a little more credit than 1 but it doesn't deserve a 2 haha. I just got amused. It's late at night, that's probably why.

YAY! bounce bounce bounce The lyrics are incredible and there is just something about the sound that just draws me in. Her style has remained the same and I love that. It changes the perfect amount with each record, but never into mainstream.

I love her voice and to me she and her music still sounds like it did in the 90s!

Hana Pestle- These Two Hands- 9 ..why would I hate this buddy? It's a great song. She has a great voice and I love the melody!

New 1:

Trillium- Utter Descension ..I adore this song, and I love Trillium. I have a whole album by them. I played a few of their songs and I don't think you disliked them, but I didn't play this one for you. This isn't the official video, it's just fan-made.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

I love her voice and to me she and her music still sounds like it did in the 90s!
She is just incredible. You know how I feel about female vocalists...Natalie is a huge exception to that haha. I support her tremendously and I don't think I'll ever quite buying her albums. Every single one of them has something unique and amazing to them and her voice...I. ADORE. HER. VOICE.

Hana Pestle- These Two Hands- 9 ..why would I hate this buddy? It's a great song. She has a great voice and I love the melody!
For serious? It just didn't sound like a you song ya know? I really like her music.

Trillium- Utter Descension
I still don't like them. She is super talented, but they don't sync well as a and. The music and her voice are off...like they don't mesh well together and I feel like she's in another world when she sings and the band has no idea how to catch or up or read her vocals. That's the only reason I don't like them. That REALLY bothers me. The flow of the music sounds so off to me and that's a huge issue with me in music.

I have their best of album and I love it. There is something about them that I really like. I don't absolutely love them, but I'm very drawn to their music and I enjoy it a lot. Not sure how you're going to feel about this haha.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:33 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Trillium- Utter Descension
I still don't like them. She is super talented, but they don't sync well as a and. The music and her voice are off...like they don't mesh well together and I feel like she's in another world when she sings and the band has no idea how to catch or up or read her vocals. That's the only reason I don't like them. That REALLY bothers me. The flow of the music sounds so off to me and that's a huge issue with me in music.

I've never had that feeling when I listen to their album haha. Maybe now that you mentioned it I will! Let's hope not.

Powderfinger- My Happiness- 6 ..not bad, I like the alternative/retro sound of it.

Jace Everett- Bad Things- ..love the sound/style of this one. Cool Pretty sure you've heard it before.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 pm

I've never had that feeling when I listen to their album haha. Maybe now that you mentioned it I will! Let's hope not.
That's really the only issue I have. It's super annoying to me and I notice it with other artists too and it really makes or breaks my opinion of that artist.
Jace Everett- Bad Things- ..love the sound/style of this one. Cool Pretty sure you've heard it before.
...hmm, 7.5.... I have heard his music before and I've always loved his voice, but I have never heard this song! I love it though! Not enough to listen to it a lot, but I'd stay on it if it were to come on the radio!

Because I just got Delta's Child Of The Universe album... here ya go! HAHA!
I stayed away from this album as far as looking up songs on youtube and such because I love the suspense of getting a new unheard album. Of course I'd heard "Dancing With A Broken Heart" & "Sitting On Top Of The World".... But the rest of the album was new to me. The whole album is beyond glorious, but this is the song that stood out immediately:
Pretty much lost it when I heard this song.. it's absolutely stunning. Everything about it is just incredible. I can barely handle it:
"Wish You Were Here"
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Delta Goodrem- Wish You Were Here- 10 ...wow. What you said summed the song up perfectly. I'l just add one thing: Sad Sad
The melody was perfect and she sung it with such emotion. It was excellent and hard to listen to all at once.

new 1:
Olly Murs feat Flo Rida- Troublemaker- ..I pretty much have no respect for Flo Rida musically and I know very little about Olly Murs, but I love this song!
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Delta Goodrem- Wish You Were Here- 10 ...wow. What you said summed the song up perfectly. I'l just add one thing: Sad Sad
The melody was perfect and she sung it with such emotion. It was excellent and hard to listen to all at once.
Seriously. She perfected this song beyond comprehension. It's so emotional. Delta and Darren are the only artists who can kick your butt emotionally with their music. I mean some songs hit you really hard, but then there are songs like this that knock you out emotionally. You have to have all the factors; vocals, lyrics, instrumentals, melody, production...this has it.
Olly Murs feat Flo Rida- Troublemaker- ..I pretty much have no respect for Flo Rida musically and I know very little about Olly Murs, but I love this song!]
9!!
So I actually really like Flo Rida believe it or not. Him and Pitbull are the only two artists of this decade from that whole weird dancey genre I really like. This song is really good by the way.

I love this girl so much. She was kind of like a bonus artist when I went to the Casting Crowns/ Matthew West/ Royal Tailor concert. No one, not even the venue, knew she was coming and all of a sudden, Lindsay McCaul! Haha, but boy was a I pleasantly surprised. She only performed a couple songs because she was the opening act of the opening act essentially haha. When she sang this one live I was completely blown away. The girl has loads of talent.
Lindsay McCaul- Say My Name
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Seriously. She perfected this song beyond comprehension. It's so emotional.

Did you cry or feel like crying at all? It made me want to! Not even gonna lie.

Lindsay McCaul- Say My Name- 7 ..love the lyrics. Good song...she has a really nice voice.

9!!
So I actually really like Flo Rida believe it or not. Him and Pitbull are the only two artists of this decade from that whole weird dancey genre I really like. This song is really good by the way.

My problem with Flo Rida is the fact that not many of his songs are truly his....most all of his songs are sampled from other songs. I don't think he has much originality.

New 1:
Cory Lee- The Naughty Song- ..so, like the title says, it is naughty haha. But it's just a song and I think it's fun. I love it actually. You might know of her, come to think of it...pretty sure I remember reading that she was on Degrassi.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Did you cry or feel like crying at all? It made me want to! Not even gonna lie.
Oh are you kidding I frickin' bawled! It hit me like a truck!
My problem with Flo Rida is the fact that not many of his songs are truly his....most all of his songs are sampled from other songs. I don't think he has much originality.
So true but that's MOST artists these days. So it doesn't bother me too much. His songs catch my attention and I like them. I'm not a huge fan of his and I would never go to a show or follow his career but I won't turn his music if it comes on the radio and I will sometimes buy his singles.
Cory Lee- The Naughty Song- ..so, like the title says, it is naughty haha. But it's just a song and I think it's fun. I love it actually. You might know of her, come to think of it...pretty sure I remember reading that she was on Degrassi.
OH my Gah... yeah so I instantly knew her name...it's Miss Oh... I can't even take that at all serious and that whole experience was so so so sooooooo wrong on so many levels. I give it a 5 because she's Miss Oh and should NOT be singing like that. I can't take it! She's always going to be a teacher in my mind! I watch Degrassi WAY too much. Like Drake will ALWAYS ALWAYS be Jimmy to me. Can't take him seriously as a rapper AT ALL.

Live- I Alone
I love this song so much. It's one of my all-time favorites. Ed Kowalczyk puts a whole lot of passion and emotion into their music.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:12 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:So true but that's MOST artists these days. So it doesn't bother me too much. His songs catch my attention and I like them. I'm not a huge fan of his and I would never go to a show or follow his career but I won't turn his music if it comes on the radio and I will sometimes buy his singles.

True, a lot of artists do stuff like that. Flo Rida is really blatant about it though and it's pretty frequent for him. I do like some of "his" music though.

Cory Lee- The Naughty Song-OH my Gah... yeah so I instantly knew her name...it's Miss Oh... I can't even take that at all serious and that whole experience was so so so sooooooo wrong on so many levels. I give it a 5 because she's Miss Oh and should NOT be singing like that. I can't take it! She's always going to be a teacher in my mind! I watch Degrassi WAY too much. Like Drake will ALWAYS ALWAYS be Jimmy to me. Can't take him seriously as a rapper AT ALL.

I don't watch Degrassi haha so I don't relate.. I hardly ever listen to Drake but he's a rapper I can tolerate...no clue if Cory sings anything else, I just know this song. Would it have been better if someone else sang it?

Live- I Alone- 9 ..I do love this one. I still hear it on the radio fairly often- pretty sure on Q98.

Sean Paul- Temperature- ..okay, I know you've heard this one before. I love it haha. Can't help it. I think Sean Paul is great in general actually.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 am

I don't watch Degrassi haha so I don't relate.. I hardly ever listen to Drake but he's a rapper I can tolerate...no clue if Cory sings anything else, I just know this song. Would it have been better if someone else sang it?
Possibly, or if I had listened to it without seeing her/knowing it was her singing. Haha! I don't like her style or voice though at all..she needs to stick to acting in my opinion! I've watched Degrassi since the very beginning of the Next Generation.... Ugh Drake. I cannot stand his music... why Jimmy whyyyyy!?
Live- I Alone- 9 ..I do love this one. I still hear it on the radio fairly often- pretty sure on Q98.
I hear it on Popster pretty frequently and I believe 105.1 also. I just love that band in general I think haha.
Sean Paul- Temperature- ..okay, I know you've heard this one before. I love it haha. Can't help it. I think Sean Paul is great in general actually.
9!
gotta admit, I've always loved this one! It's that Pitbull type of music, so I can handle it. I'm fully aware his career spans longer than Pitbull's haha I'm just sayin.

I'm not in the mood to tear apart my music library to find a new song right now....so here's my 3rd favorite Natalie song of all time! haha!!!
Natalie Imbruglia - Don't You Think
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Possibly, or if I had listened to it without seeing her/knowing it was her singing. Haha! I don't like her style or voice though at all..she needs to stick to acting in my opinion! I've watched Degrassi since the very beginning of the Next Generation.... Ugh Drake. I cannot stand his music... why Jimmy whyyyyy!?

Drake is a current rapper...so you can't expect much haha. Is he actually a good actor? I had no clue who Cory was but I like her! haha.

Live- I Alone- 9 I hear it on Popster pretty frequently and I believe 105.1 also. I just love that band in general I think haha.

I'm sure I've heard it on both of those stations as well...it comes on my radio a LOT. I like Live too for the most part...except Lightning Crashes. I looked up the lyrics/meaning to see if that would help. It is a good song, but the song and video just doesn't sit right with me- I don't get a good feeling when I listen to it... however another one I really dig from them is Dolphin's Cry!

Natalie Imbruglia- Don't You Think- 10 ..it was new to me! haha. I don't think I've heard this before but I loved it!

Tool- The Pot- ..do you like Tool? I do for sure, but a lot of their songs are really long and I sometimes lose interest in the middle of them. But they are good. I'm sure you know quite a few of their songs from the 90s, but this one is from 2005. It's one of my favorites from them.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 am

Is he actually a good actor? I had no clue who Cory was but I like her! haha.
I thought he was! But seriously all the actors on Degrassi were ridiculously believable and I loved/love it.
I'm sure I've heard it on both of those stations as well...it comes on my radio a LOT. I like Live too for the most part...except Lightning Crashes. I looked up the lyrics/meaning to see if that would help. It is a good song, but the song and video just doesn't sit right with me- I don't get a good feeling when I listen to it... however another one I really dig from them is Dolphin's Cry!
I LOVE Lightning Crashes. Seriously it's one of my mama and I's favorites. I love how I had to include my mama in there like, see someone else likes it too!!! haha!
Natalie Imbruglia- Don't You Think- 10 ..it was new to me! haha. I don't think I've heard this before but I loved it!
Phew! Cause I would have beat you with an end table had you decided to dislike that one!
Tool- The Pot- ..do you like Tool? I do for sure, but a lot of their songs are really long and I sometimes lose interest in the middle of them. But they are good. I'm sure you know quite a few of their songs from the 90s, but this one is from 2005. It's one of my favorites from them.
So I think this probably happened because its 3am... but I read that as Toot and not Tool.... and I died. I was like "Toot...the pot... WTF is Justin trying to do to me!!!???" and then I had that "...oh...." moment and lost it.
ANYWAY. 7..... I do like the, but yes, their songs drag out for far too long and it's really unnecessary.

Dear lord I love this song so much. My uncle and I can be heard singing this song on a weekly basis depending on our mood and how happy we are in the morning (remember I nanny his children haha)..... This song is such a gem.
Barenaked Ladies- One Week
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:So I think this probably happened because its 3am... but I read that as Toot and not Tool.... and I died. I was like "Toot...the pot... WTF is Justin trying to do to me!!!???" and then I had that "...oh...." moment and lost it.
ANYWAY. 7..... I do like the, but yes, their songs drag out for far too long and it's really unnecessary.

haha Toot! That went perfectly with The Pot! Considering all my typos in this thread, I had to double check to make sure I didn't actually write toot Razz

Barenaked Ladies- One Week- 7.5 ..I can't help but like it because it's so ridiculously cathcy

Karmin- Crash Your Party- ..speaking of catchy.... you may know this song, but I have wanted to play it for you in the past but haven't. The girl (Amy) reminds me a LOT of Kassidy from SHeDAISY- Looks wise and even vocal wise. Fair warning, she does do some rapping...but she also sings. I really like Karmin haha. Let me know if you made it to the rap part towards the end Razz
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:50 pm

haha Toot! That went perfectly with The Pot! Considering all my typos in this thread, I had to double check to make sure I didn't actually write toot Razz
I LOVED it. It wouldn't have surprised me in any way if you had actually put toot...and I would have enjoyed it.
Karmin- Crash Your Party- ..speaking of catchy.... you may know this song, but I have wanted to play it for you in the past but haven't. The girl (Amy) reminds me a LOT of Kassidy from SHeDAISY- Looks wise and even vocal wise. Fair warning, she does do some rapping...but she also sings. I really like Karmin haha. Let me know if you made it to the rap part towards the end Razz
She in no way shape or form reminded me of Kassidy and Kassidy has class fyi. I hated it... 3. I was legitimately annoyed.
I love the lyrics and melody of this song.
Lifehouse- It Is What It Is
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:I LOVED it. It wouldn't have surprised me in any way if you had actually put toot...and I would have enjoyed it.

And then I would have purposely posted more Tool songs and called them "Toot" on purpose. You know this would have happened.

Karmin- Crash Your Party-
She in no way shape or form reminded me of Kassidy and Kassidy has class fyi. I hated it... 3. I was legitimately annoyed.

Well, regardless, I love them both Razz.

Lifehouse- It Is What It Is- 6 ..melody-wise it doesn't do much for me, but I do like the lyrics- Sometimes you just gotta accept things are the way they are and move on.

New 1:

Eminem- Beautiful- ..I don't know if you've heard this song or not, but I've been meaning to play it for you. It's a great song. A lot of the lyrics are, as usual, specific to Eminem's life...however you can usually get some personal meaning out Eminem's songs, and this one is no different. I'm mostly posting this because it contains one of my favorite lyrics:
"Walk a thousand miles in my shoes just to see what it's like to be me
I'll be you, let's trade shoes, just to see what it'd be like to feel your pain, you feel mine
Go inside each other's minds just to see what we find
Look at [stuff] through each other's eyes"

countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4