Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Rating Game

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Song Rating Game - Page 3 Empty Re: Song Rating Game

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Haha you're fine! I like the video a lot more than I like the song. I still love it, but I agree with your rating. I would have given it a 6 though. First song I heard was "Move On"...then "That's The Beat of A Heart"....this was number 3. haha.

haha you rated your own song!! I'm so proud of you Wink
Pffft, you should be. Let's just make it a trend to acknowledge when I do something great.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Pffft, you should be. Let's just make it a trend to acknowledge when I do something great.

So basically there's going to be a lot of acknowledging going on in the future?

Here's a new one because I heard it, like, a minute ago.
Shontelle- Say Hello To Goodbye- ..Brit, you might be pleasantly surprised...she doesn't do those over-the-top vocal inflections that drive ya crazy.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

So basically there's going to be a lot of acknowledging going on in the future?
Um, shyeah! Let's lave the head-butting out though...please and thank you.

Shontelle- Say Hello To Goodbye- ..Brit, you might be pleasantly surprised...she doesn't do those over-the-top vocal inflections that drive ya crazy.
I love it! I actually really like her in general! I have her song "Impossible" and I love that one too. Her voice I can beyond handle, I actually love it.

Justin I know you dislike U2, but as you know I absolutely beyond adore them....
Just listen to the lyrics to this song. Actually just listen to all of this haha, it's really something else. I know you've heard it before... For me it's one of the greatest song ever written.
U2 - With Or Without You
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Um, shyeah! Let's lave the head-butting out though...please and thank you.

I make no promises.

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Justin I know you dislike U2, but as you know I absolutely beyond adore them....
Just listen to the lyrics to this song. Actually just listen to all of this haha, it's really something else. I know you've heard it before... For me it's one of the greatest song ever written.
U2 - With Or Without You

I'll give it a 6.5. ..It's not something I'd listen to on a very large scale, but this is a good song & it's awesome how poetic the lyrics are. They took a simple message and told it poetically. I have heard it before. I think U2's one of those bands that you have pretty much heard everything they've released at one point or another in your life.

New 1:
Chelsea Lankes- Wrecking Ball- ..something different. I heard it on a music station today...I like the sound of it.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll give it a 6.5. ..It's not something I'd listen to on a very large scale, but this is a good song & it's awesome how poetic the lyrics are. They took a simple message and told it poetically. I have heard it before. I think U2's one of those bands that you have pretty much heard everything they've released at one point or another in your life.
Oh for sure, because they are huge and are/were a ground-breaking band. They are seriously one of my all time favorite bands, period. I absolutely adore their music and it's timeless, it really is. It's not for everyone, but it deserves respect because like you said their lyrics are extremely poetic... not just that song, but especially that song haha if that makes sense.

Chelsea Lankes- Wrecking Ball- ..something different. I heard it on a music station today...I like the sound of it.
I really liked this one a lot!!!! I give it an 8.5.

I have to....
Darren Hayes - Me, Myself & (i)
It's different and extremely Michael Jackson-esque and I love that. The video is perfect for the song (it's definitely in my top 5 favorite Darren Hayes videos). It makes me want to dance. so. bad. This was a highly disliked single for his fans, and they thought he could much better. Me? Totally disagree, I love it and it's something different and fun, but still lyrically poetic.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 pm

^ 10+ The video is epic and I agree with you! I think the song is great and catchy!

New 1:
Gossip- Get A Job- ..so I came across this randomly on YouTube. When it first started, I thought it was gonna suck. However, it actually doesn't and the lyrics are super accurate! The video is funny too.. They're an indie rock band.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm

^ 10+ The video is epic and I agree with you! I think the song is great and catchy!
YAY! Very Happy I love that you put 10+ for it. I'm completely in love with the way he produced the video. It matches the fun of the song and his dance moves amuse me to no end.

Gossip- Get A Job- ..so I came across this randomly on YouTube. When it first started, I thought it was gonna suck. However, it actually doesn't and the lyrics are super accurate! The video is funny too.. They're an indie rock band.

4.... not a fan of this one. Plus I had a hard time paying attention to it...because it didn't grab my attention at all.
Savage Garden: Carry On Dancing
I don't know what it is about this song but it's been one of my favorites since the day I heard their first album 16 years ago. I put it up there with I Want You and TTMAB
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
YAY! Very Happy I love that you put 10+ for it. I'm completely in love with the way he produced the video. It matches the fun of the song and his dance moves amuse me to no end.

Oh agreed...it's one of my favorite Darren video's, actually.

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Gossip- Get A Job- - 4.... not a fan of this one. Plus I had a hard time paying attention to it...because it didn't grab my attention at all.

^^^It's a really strange song! But for some reason I really dig how it sounds.

Carry on Dancing- 10+++ ADORE this song. I love the "darker" sound of the song and I'm so intrigued by the lyrics it's ridiculous.

New 1:
Aitan- Coming in Quick- ..so, like, nobody knows the song or who he is. haha. But I really like this. I know of it because they played it in Sephora
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Carry on Dancing- 10+++ ADORE this song. I love the "darker" sound of the song and I'm so intrigued by the lyrics it's ridiculous.
Honestly the best word I can use is this song is sexy... haha, it really is. His voice is so smooth and intriguing and that's the entire point of it. That song pretty much makes the album. It's one of those songs I will NEVER get sick of and one of those "this is why I'm a Savage Garden fan" songs.

Aitan- Coming in Quick- ..so, like, nobody knows the song or who he is. haha. But I really like this. I know of it because they played it in Sephora
Rating: 8!
I realllllllllly loved it for some reason and he is quite attractive..... Laughing

New one:
Seriously I wish that Tripp had stuck with these guys instead of doing his crappy rappish junk he does now. He is so talented and CAN ACTUALLY sing and now he is wasting it to follow the mainstream sound. He was on the VH1 show "Daisy of Love" and I rooted for him the entire time, probably because I loved his music haha. The stuff he did in Makeshift Romeo remains my favorite.

Makeshift Romeo - The Way I Was
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:09 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
New one:
Seriously I wish that Tripp had stuck with these guys instead of doing his crappy rappish junk he does now. He is so talented and CAN ACTUALLY sing and now he is wasting it to follow the mainstream sound. He was on the VH1 show "Daisy of Love" and I rooted for him the entire time, probably because I loved his music haha. The stuff he did in Makeshift Romeo remains my favorite.

Makeshift Romeo - The Way I Was

^10. Totally just rocked out!! I know you played that for me before, but I swear I've heard it on Q98 too. I love this kind of music, as you know...but you don't haha. I have played you several songs that sound just about like this. I can't figure you and rock music out hahaha.

New 1:
Seether feat Amy Lee- Broken ..you said you went to a Seether and Evanescence concert right? Did they perform this together?? Anyways, I love this song...and Seether...and Amy Lee.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 pm

^10. Totally just rocked out!! I know you played that for me before, but I swear I've heard it on Q98 too. I love this kind of music, as you know...but you don't haha. I have played you several songs that sound just about like this. I can't figure you and rock music out hahaha.
Really that's as hardcore as I will go haha. I don't know what it is about their music but I adore it. I think it's Tripp's voice and style, it's not over the top in any way and there is something very appealing in the way he delivers a song. I really enjoy his voice...in his older music, not his new crap. I am so all over the place when it comes to rock I don't even think I can figure myself out!

Seether feat Amy Lee- Broken ..you said you went to a Seether and Evanescence concert right? Did they perform this together?? Anyways, I love this song...and Seether...and Amy Lee.
I can handle Seether and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and Amy Lee. I did go to their concert many many years ago! They did perform together, but I don't believe this song was even out when I went to the concert so no it wasn't this one. I can't be completely certain though. I do know that Amy performed with someone and pretty sure it was Seether because I could tolerate it haha, but mind you this was 2003.

New:
I LOVE this one so much!
Toadies - Possum Kingdom
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

[quote="ChicaCherryCola"]
Really that's as hardcore as I will go haha. I don't know what it is about their music but I adore it. I think it's Tripp's voice and style, it's not over the top in any way and there is something very appealing in the way he delivers a song. I really enjoy his voice...in his older music, not his new crap. I am so all over the place when it comes to rock I don't even think I can figure myself out!

He has a great voice! I have heard a little of his rap stuff and it's not very good...at all. He needs to go back to this I agree 100%!

I can handle Seether and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and Amy Lee. I did go to their concert many many years ago! They did perform together, but I don't believe this song was even out when I went to the concert so no it wasn't this one. I can't be completely certain though. I do know that Amy performed with someone and pretty sure it was Seether because I could tolerate it haha, but mind you this was 2003.

Ok, so then no. haha. This was released in March of 2004. Anyway there will be more Seether posted in the future, I promise you that. Cool

New:
I LOVE this one so much!
Toadies - Possum Kingdom
9 ..ME TOO! Q98 still plays this one a fair amount and I love it.

New:

Crossfade- Cold- ..Q98 still plays this one too.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

He has a great voice! I have heard a little of his rap stuff and it's not very good...at all. He needs to go back to this I agree 100%!
I think that show gave him a big head. He turned all ganster, and not in an appealing way. I really lost interest after the show. He was AWESOME on the show and before it, but after...yeah no not at all. I think he just started a new band though and it's more on the rock side so I need to research that more. Updates will come if it's any good haha.

Ok, so then no. haha. This was released in March of 2004. Anyway there will be more Seether posted in the future, I promise you that. Cool
I know they performed together but for the life of me I can't figure out which song it was and trust me, I won't remember because I was young and just wanted to hear their singles.

9 ..ME TOO! Q98 still plays this one a fair amount and I love it.
For serious? I never listen to Q98 but I have this album haha. I have never actually heard it on the radio! Kurt bought the album (and now passed it on to me) and I've heard it a million times in our household because of that....otherwise...nope.

Crossfade- Cold
I really like it, and it's most definitely on my iPod and has been for years. There is another radio version of this song that was played on y94... Gah I can't remember who sang with them or what the remix is called but I prefer it to the original.

I wish I could post another song, but youtube only has live versions of most of Alex's songs, so this is what I got:
Alex Band - Only One
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:12 am

[quote="ChicaCherryCola"]
I think he just started a new band though and it's more on the rock side so I need to research that more. Updates will come if it's any good haha.

*Justin likes this pig*

Alex Band- The One- 10 ..that's a really beautiful song. And like you, I'm a huuuuge fan of his voice. Which is the song you wanted to post?

New 1:

Kenny Chesney- Pirate Flag- 8 ..I'm sure radio will play it to death, but as of right now I actually really like this song.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am

Bullet Saints... that's his latest band, and he is definitely back to a normal sound haha. I'm a fan. bounce bounce So here's my new one I guess!!!!:
Bullet Saints - Hellbound

Alex Band- The One- 10 ..that's a really beautiful song. And like you, I'm a huuuuge fan of his voice. Which is the song you wanted to post?
Or "Only One" would work hahaha. I am a huge fan of him in general and I was a huge fan of The Calling. "We've All Been There" and "Without You".... I have his solo album and it's incredible. I was DYING for it to come out and I even preordered it on Best Buy haha.

Kenny Chesney- Pirate Flag- 8 ..I'm sure radio will play it to death, but as of right now I actually really like this song.
Gosh I do really enjoy this one.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Or "Only One" would work hahaha. I am a huge fan of him in general and I was a huge fan of The Calling. "We've All Been There" and "Without You".... I have his solo album and it's incredible. I was DYING for it to come out and I even preordered it on Best Buy haha.

Oh gosh. Embarassed What is wrong with me and song titles/artists names in this thread!?!

As for the Kenny song, let's check back in with each other in say a month or two and we may hate it by then haha.

Bullet Saints- Hellbound- 9 ..yup, back to "normal" haha and I was back to rocking out.

New 1:
Skillet- Monster- ..well, I didn't want to stop rocking out...so...yeah I put this on. I'd give this one an 8.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 am

Oh gosh. Embarassed What is wrong with me and song titles/artists names in this thread!?!
BAHAHA!!!!! I love it. I was just like...okkkkiiiiiie buddy.
Bullet Saints- Hellbound- 9 ..yup, back to "normal" haha and I was back to rocking out.
Oh I completely loved it and just bought it on iTunes so it's fine! It sounds so much like Makeshift Romeo but like a little hicked out version of them? I really loved it and damn has Tripp's voice improve, even more so than MR!
Skillet- Monster- ..well, I didn't want to stop rocking out...so...yeah I put this on. I'd give this one an 8.
I really love Skillet actually. Did ya know they are technically a christian band?
I give this a 9!

As you well know I am completely in love with Vertical Horizon and this album slays me it's so good... so here is one of my absolute favorites from the album:
Vertical Horizon - Shackled
99% sure it's Keith Kane who's doing the vocals in this one... he usually does backing vocals, but damn did he kill this song (in a VERY good way) and I was happy to hear him taking center stage even though I ADORE Matt.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
BAHAHA!!!!! I love it. I was just like...okkkkiiiiiie buddy.

I can't believe I did that! I was even thinking about the soap opera One Life To Live when I was listening to it cuz the show is coming back online! So I can't believe I didn't get the title correct haha. Great song though!

I really love Skillet actually. Did ya know they are technically a christian band?
I give this a 9!
I've probably heard more from them, but the two other songs that come to mind when I think Skillet is "Hero" & "Awake And Alive" and the lyrics are self explanatory so I was wondering if they might consider themselves a Christian band.

Vertical Horizon- Shackled- 8 ..at first I had to adjust to his voice haha, but I really like the song!

New 1:
Staind- Outside- ..I really love this song. The lyrics and the melody work really well together... "I'm on the outside, I'm looking in. I can see through you, see your true colors. Inside you're ugly, ugly like me. I can see through you, see to the real you" ..I love that lyric haha.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 am

I've probably heard more from them, but the two other songs that come to mind when I think Skillet is "Hero" & "Awake And Alive" and the lyrics are self explanatory so I was wondering if they might consider themselves a Christian band.
Yup heard those. I don't think a lot of people realize it, but yeah they're on the Christian side of things haha.

Vertical Horizon- Shackled- 8 ..at first I had to adjust to his voice haha, but I really like the song!
Adjust to his voice???

Staind- Outside-
I do really like Staind but this song was kind of awful. It's SO monotone I can't listen to it all the way through even. I REALLY can't handle monotone. It drives me nuts, so I think the song would be really good if he had actually put some emotion into it. Sometimes monotone works in songs...not this, there was no need for it and it did not improve the song, it definitely took away from it and for that I give it a 3.

So since I posted SG's "Carry On Dancing".... here's a legit cover version of it.... and since we're kind of doing the hard rock thing.... I'm posting this. I'm on the fence about it. I think they successfully made this metal... the only thing that bothers me is the "move, closer, passion, stronger" part haha... That wasn't very tastefully done and didn't match the song. Plus that's like my favorite part of the original.

And while we're on SG covers... here's another:
This one really... is just...no. The instrumentals are great (I would love to hear Darren's voice matched with them actually), but the vocals are way off and lack power and emotion. (plus, please learn english) When covering this song, you have to be someone really special. I'm serious... I know that sounds stupid, but this is one of those songs that NEEDS buckets of emotion. If you even lack it just a tad, it's gone, the whole song is off and you can go crawl under a rock.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Adjust to his voice???

Yes. At first I wasn't really digging the vocals, but then as I kept listening I started to haha.

Entwine- Carry on Dancing- 10 ..wow that was excellent! Wasn't expecting that actually haha.

As for that Nu-Metal one... I'd give it a 5. His voice is really off.

New 1:
Ken Andrews- Secret Things ..go ahead and ignore the fan-made video. I've never watched, nor have I had any interest in watching, True Blood...but this is the only recorded version of the song I could find on YouTube. I heard the instrumental of this song in the movie The Roommate and really liked it.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 am

Yes. At first I wasn't really digging the vocals, but then as I kept listening I started to haha.
Ohhhh alright that makes sense now. When I first heard the song I was like "Da heck is this? That's sooooo not Matt!" But then I just adored the song to pieces and came to appreciate the new voice haha.

Entwine- Carry on Dancing- 10 ..wow that was excellent! Wasn't expecting that actually haha.
I know, all in all it's a freaking awesome cover...and like I said the move, closer, dadada part is the only thing that throws me off....They were successful.

As for that Nu-Metal one... I'd give it a 5. His voice is really off.
I know! It sucks too because the instrumentals are AMAZING. (am I wrong?) Like they are really really good...but his vocals are just terrible and he obviously isn't fluent in English!

Ken Andrews- Secret Things
SWEET.BABY.JEEBUS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the instrumentals in this so much it's ridiculous! 10 ++++ Seriously!? Is this shiz on iTunes??? It sounds SO familiar!.... *Looking up* AHA! The Stepfather! That's where I've heard it! Which by the way is an excellent soundtrack haha.

ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:I know! It sucks too because the instrumentals are AMAZING. (am I wrong?) Like they are really really good...but his vocals are just terrible and he obviously isn't fluent in English!
Yeah, the instrumental was good. I think it'd be excellent if it was Darren singing it haha.[/quote]

Filter- Hey Man, Nice Shot- 7.5 ..good song. The vocals are a bit much, but it still sounds good. I can't listen to it over and over again though.

New 1:
Saving Abel- Bringing Down The Giant- ..I really like Saving Abel! They're underrated.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 am

Saving Abel- Bringing Down The Giant
Me Gusta! I do really like them and I have for awhile. This is much better than their other singles actually. I give it a 9.

Slowin' it down a bit because I've been obsessed with this song lately and I don't know why. Ya know when you rediscover songs and it seems like you're hearing them for the first time, even though you've heard it probably 100 times before? I'm having one of those moments with this right now:
The melody of this just slays me.
Delta Goodrem - I Can't Break It To My Heart
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Saving Abel- Bringing Down The Giant
Me Gusta! I do really like them and I have for awhile. This is much better than their other singles actually. I give it a 9.

I remember like, 4 years ago I played you their song Addicted. And I also played you an acoustic version of it which really showed that the lead guy can sing!

Delta Goodrem - I Can't Break It To My Heart- 8 ..ohh yes, I know exactly what you speak of in terms of the moment you're having haha. I've had it many times about many songs... I really like this one.

New 1:

David Guetta & Chris Willis- Love is Gone- ..I've always loved this song and video. Great beat.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 am

Delta Goodrem - I Can't Break It To My Heart- 8 ..ohh yes, I know exactly what you speak of in terms of the moment you're having haha. I've had it many times about many songs... I really like this one.
I don't know what it is, but I have those moments a lot. That song is just beautiful.
David Guetta & Chris Willis- Love is Gone-
Rating: 1.5
I hate this type of music and I've never been able to tolerate David Guetta's music. Everything he's put out with his name attached to it I've despised. That's how you use electronics wrong. That beat drives me nuts.

Natalie time! This one is right up there in my top 5 Natalie songs. It's not an old song by any means,but for some reason it has this incredibly nostalgic sound to it and even though I didn't hear it in the 90's, obviously, it reminds me of that period in music. I just really freaking love this song haha. I just adore her style of music.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next