Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Rating Game

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Song Rating Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Song Rating Game

Post  ChicaCherryCola Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Slizzard wrote:Mind if I interrupt you two? Wink
PLEASE DO! Haha! Someone needs to!

Judging from the posts above I don't have to post country songs, right? So I went for the exact opposite. Very Happy
ANYTHING! Go crazy haha. The Game, General and Noncountry zones are open to all genres (or I would have killed Justin Smile )

"Feel The Love" - Rudimental feat. John Newman
This is SO not my cup of tea and I'm not a fan of the voice...however I found this increasingly catchy the longer I listened to it and I love the beat haha. Plus I'd never heard it before! I love new music.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Small funny story time: As I was replying/posting this I looked at the time, panicked, was almost late to my class, ran across campus like a crazy person.... annnnnnd it was cancelled. Oh it's one of those days. So... back to business!

My contribution: David Archuleta - Pride (In The Name of Love)

I give it a solid 7.... he did the song justice but it completely lost it's edge. He successfully turned it into a pop song though.

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcP4MWABGY

I want other people's takes on this because for one, I'm a massive U2 fan and this is by far my favorite song of theirs, and two, I'm a pretty large David fan as well... Obviously:
Song Rating Game - Page 2 David_10
... ( I apologize for the editing.. friend of mine thought that was a good idea and I couldn't find my original unedited picture :s)
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:JUSTIN OH MY GOD! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT!? That was literally the devil coming out of that poor girl! However their band name made me lol! for about 2 minutes straight....iwrestledabearonce... I felt like I was playing Mad Gab until I got it. You have played me music that is on the verge of screamo my friend, don't even deny that! Remember that one chick? Yeah you know what I'm talking about... Why you subject me to this I will never know!

On the verge of screamo, occasionally. In This Moment is a good example, but I only like a couple songs. But most of the music I play you, they're still technically singing and it has a melody. If you can hear a melody in iwresteledaberonce you have better ears than I do. haha, I had to play that for you so you know what screamo really is and that I don't like it.

ChicaCherryCola wrote:I give it a 6.... The electronics turn me off slightly, but I do enjoy this song and it has a contagious beat! Jared and I used to drive around in his car in the winter and play this just so we could go "Like a blizzard"...

Dear God I write too much.

I drive a Pontiac G6, so Jared and I have done the same thing just so we could sing "now I'm feeling so fly like a G6" even though the song is talking about an airplane, not the GM vehicle Laughing ...doing stuff like this is normal for us, BTW.

David Archletta- Pride (In The Name of Love) - 4 ..I felt nothing when I listened to that, honestly. I think David's capable of doing better. As for U2's, well...I don't really care for that either. Sorry pig . However I felt U2's has more substance and emotion.

New:

Three Days Grace- Break- 10 ..Love 3DG!! They won't be the same without Adam.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am

countryrocks wrote:haha, more the merrier! I changed it so you should be able to post external links now. Smile
Thanks!
countryrocks wrote:Far East Movement- Like A G6- 7 ..it's not a good representation of my taste in music, but I do kinda like this one. The beat works for me. I like your username "Slizzard" and, of course, it naturally makes me think of this song.
I loved it then and I still love it now Very Happy
ChicaCherryCola wrote:This is SO not my cup of tea and I'm not a fan of the voice...however I found this increasingly catchy the longer I listened to it and I love the beat haha. Plus I'd never heard it before! I love new music.
Better than I expected! Very Happy
countryrocks wrote:Three Days Grace- Break- 10 ..Love 3DG!! They won't be the same without Adam.
I hadn't heard a song of theirs since "Never Too Late" in 2008, I think. Still love that one.

As for this song, I give it a 6/10. It's good but I'm not really into that kind of music (though there are exceptions). I might like it more if I listened to it more but I'm not going to Razz

-

"The Day You Went Away" - Wendy Matthews. It was a huge hit in Australia in 1992 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfqusp7s5o0

-

Edit: I just saw "Lightning Crashes" on the previous page. I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH.
Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm

On the verge of screamo, occasionally.
It's always more than I can handle...

doing stuff like this is normal for us, BTW.
Are you telling me that doing weird crap with Jared is normal for you guys!? If you could have seen what him and I accomplished (or didn't?) while trying to finish the rest of my project for photo... oh wait... I have photos.... so unfortunately, you can. Jared was displeased about being my assistant and not my model for these photos so occasionally his "these jeans make my butt look fabulous" derrière made it's way into my photos. Or his middle finger... or his face (and trust me they were NOT cute faces). Essentially I have about 4 good photos from each shoot that I can work with and about 60 of Jared's photo bombs. This shouldn't surprise you. For your entertainment (and because I can NEVER stay on topic!) here is what actually happens during my photo shoots:
Song Rating Game - Page 2 Storyb10
Jared looking oh so thrilled. I was being verbally abused as I cleaned my mirror, I believe the word Wench was used numerous times. He sat on my head unexpectedly & determined a$$ hats were the latest trend. Jared: "Let's recreate a Darren album" FINE WITH ME!

David Archletta ARCHULETA
^^^^ Seriously though, his name is clearly written out for you and you STILL couldn't even get close to spelling it correctly?Razz "Archletta? Really?
But yes, I agree with you, it lacks emotion. I'm going to play the Laura card and say this, in his defense he made 3 albums in 3 months before going on a mission trip for 3 years...This was an album of cover songs that he did very quickly. She told me that when the album came out because I said the same thing you did, that he is capable of much better work...
I love U2 and I adore Bono's style, so of course the original wins out every time.

------------
I might like it more if I listened to it more but I'm not going to Razz
^I am dying... Razz
...and I give it the same, 6. It's not a bad song though.

"The Day You Went Away" - Wendy Matthews. It was a huge hit in Australia in 1992 or so.
I've never heard this one! Shocked
Seriously though, this song is beautiful. I'm giving it a 8.5 ... possibly a 9. I really love her voice (which is rare for me with female vocalists)

Edit: I just saw "Lightning Crashes" on the previous page. I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH.
YES!!!!!!!! cheers Finally someone else loves it too! Whoop!

--------------
Well the song I WANTED to post is nowhere to be found on youtube or any legal listening sites Mad It is on iTunes however bounce
(Darren Hayes - Ending Before I Begin)
SO, I'm in a Darren mood:
It was a b-side from his Me, Myself & I single, but it was a demo recording for The Tension And The Spark.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Seriously though, this song is beautiful. I'm giving it a 8.5 ... possibly a 9. I really love her voice (which is rare for me with female vocalists)
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ChicaCherryCola wrote:YES!!!!!!!! cheers Finally someone else loves it too! Whoop!
Why wouldn't I? Very Happy
ChicaCherryCola wrote:SO, I'm in a Darren mood
Aren't you always? Wink
ChicaCherryCola wrote::let'sgo:
Eh. :/ Not particularly impressed. 5/10.

-

"Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk feat. Nate Ruess I love you

Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote: It's always more than I can handle...

Still most of what I really love isn't "almost screamo" haha. The rock music I legit love reminds me nothing of screamo at all.

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Are you telling me that doing weird crap with Jared is normal for you guys!? If you could have seen what him and I accomplished (or didn't?) while trying to finish the rest of my project for photo... oh wait... I have photos.... so unfortunately, you can. Jared was displeased about being my assistant and not my model for these photos so occasionally his "these jeans make my butt look fabulous" derrière made it's way into my photos. Or his middle finger... or his face (and trust me they were NOT cute faces). Essentially I have about 4 good photos from each shoot that I can work with and about 60 of Jared's photo bombs. This shouldn't surprise you. For your entertainment (and because I can NEVER stay on topic!) here is what actually happens during my photo shoots:
Song Rating Game - Page 2 Storyb10
Jared looking oh so thrilled. I was being verbally abused as I cleaned my mirror, I believe the word Wench was used numerous times. He sat on my head unexpectedly & determined a$$ hats were the latest trend. Jared: "Let's recreate a Darren album" FINE WITH ME!

I'm saying the three of us do weird crap that is totally normal to us.... so Jared was being a little uncooperative? I think this is hilarious. The pic with you looking in the mirror...was that supposed to be funny or serious? Because I totally laughed at your face. i thought your expression and what you were doing with your mouth was hilarious Laughing

haha well even though it would have still been incorrect that should have said Archuletta. I know there's a U in there, sorry for the extra t Laughing ...anyway, so what you're saying is he may have been just a little bit worn out? Makes sense.

Last edited by countryrocks on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Now to rate the previous songs:

Wendy Matthews - The Day You Went Away- 9 ..that's a beautiful song!

Darren Hayes- Let's Go- 10 ..you know how I feel about this one. Unique vocal arrangements and a great beat- works for me Cool

Pink feat Nate Ruess- Just Give Me A Reason- 7 .. I love P!nk, and the song is great...only thing is I'm not a fan of Nate's voice at all. I didn't recognize his name, but when he started singing I instantly knew he was the lead singer of F.U.N. I'll give him credit though, he is a very strong vocalist.

Here's my new one:

Macklemore feat Ryan Lewis- Thrift Stop- 9 ..I can't help it- I love this one.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh, Thrifty. I loved it when it first blew up here in November but I'm just really sick of it now. I'll give it a 7/10 though; it's a pretty well-written song imo.

-

"Bandz A Make Her Dance" - Juicy J feat. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz Song Rating Game - Page 2 2roouqh

Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Juicy J feat. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz- Bands A Make Her Dance- 3 ..this is my least favorite type of music. However...the instrumental is pretty sweet:

New one:

Alicia Keys- Karma- 10 ..still one of my favorite songs! Love the beat, violin, vocal arrangements...everything.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 pm

countryrocks wrote:Alicia Keys- Karma- 10 ..still one of my favorite songs! Love the beat, violin, vocal arrangements...everything.
I love it. So underrated. 9/10.

-

"Steer" - Missy Higgins

Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

Why wouldn't I? Very Happy
Justin didn't... so he got an F for the day...you got an A. Very Happy

Aren't you always? Wink
Laughing You know me well I see.

Eh. :/ Not particularly impressed. 5/10.
Well I'm not particularly impressed by you..so...yeah.... tongue (jk? Don't hit me! hehehe pirat )

"Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk feat. Nate Ruess
Rating: 8
I cannot explain why, but I absolutely love this (and P!nk..she's amazing). Who is Nate Ruess because his voice sounds extremely familiar, I just can't place it.

"Bandz A Make Her Dance" - Juicy J feat. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz]
....No...just no haha. Rating = 1.... you have found my least favorite type of music (I can see this being used against me in the future haha) However, I love Pitbull... I don't know what genre or type of music he falls under, but I feel like it's somehow related to this?

"Steer" - Missy Higgins
I've heard snippets of this song and I always forget to listen to it completely! I LOVE this SO much!! I would actually buy this song.
This gets a 10 from me for sure.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am

I'm saying the three of us do weird crap that is totally normal to us.... so Jared was being a little uncooperative? I think this is hilarious. The pic with you looking in the mirror...was that supposed to be funny or serious? Because I totally laughed at your face. i thought your expression and what you were doing with your mouth was hilarious Laughing
Remember when you said what I thought? Haha when Jared had his shirt half off and we had been laughing on the floor and got up and saw Jared stripping essentially and I opened my mouth and you go "What the F..." ... that was a good time.
The mirror picture was supposed to be serious yes haha and I do have an actual picture to prove that. It's for the line "The monster you were running from is the monster in you"... I had to clean the mirror because it had been in the garage and you could see smudges. As I cleaned it Jared verbally abused me and so that became a "behind the scenes" photo real fast. Jared was being so uncooperative that he sat on my head while I was trying to take a serious picture... Haha, is this offense/adult content? Possibly.

so what you're saying is he may have been just a little bit worn out? Makes sense.
Apparently? I'm not sure but I feel like they were probably rushed if he made 3 albums in a span of 3 months... or so Laura told me.

Darren Hayes- Let's Go- 10 ..you know how I feel about this one. Unique vocal arrangements and a great beat- works for me
I feel better knowing it was considered for Tension and not Delicate...I think you remember me freaking out over that. I was not ok with that...at all. It was NOT Delicate material in any way.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am

Mine:
Civil Twilight Letters From The Sky
I heard this on the show Harper's Island years ago and I adored it. I finally found it on iTunes a couple years ago and I love it more every time I hear it.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

...Thanks for not rating either of my last two songs Chicaaaa. Crying or Very sad Razz

Missy Higgins- Steer- 8 ..her voice is excellent! Good song too.

Civl Twilight- Letters From The Sky- 8 ..I do quite like that one!! I think you played it for me a long time ago.

New 1:

The Pierces- Kissing You Goodbye- 10 ..I think this song is beautiful...it would be so cool if you like this Brit, but I know that might not happen haha. Slizzard- I'm not sure if you've heard of them before, but just based on some of the stuff you've been posting I think you might like them.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 am

countryrocks wrote:...Thanks for not rating either of my last two songs Chicaaaa. Crying or Very sad Razz
TRUST ME you don't want me to rate those... you're welcome.

I do quite like that one!! I think you played it for me a long time ago.
I love it so much and I did play it for you. There is something so incredible about this one.

I love how you rate your own songs.... of course you like them... you're posting them!

The Pierces- Kissing You Goodbye- 10 ..I think this song is beautiful...it would be so cool if you like this Brit, but I know that might not happen haha.

Rating: 6
I may not listen to it a lot, but I did enjoy it. It has a very vintage sound to it and I miss that kind of music.

Slizzard- I'm not sure if you've heard of them before, but just based on some of the stuff you've been posting I think you might like them.

Slizzard is cooler than us Cool .... and introducing my little brain to new music that I actually like (Justin take notes...you have issues with that)
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
countryrocks wrote:...Thanks for not rating either of my last two songs Chicaaaa. Crying or Very sad Razz
TRUST ME you don't want me to rate those... you're welcome.

I'd love for you to rate them even if they're 1's Razz You didn't have the slightest urge to dance to Thrift Shop? bounce haha well I remember I played Karma for you a couple times before and you had to admit it wasn't so bad...so we'll leave it at that haha.

ChicaCherryCola wrote:I love how you rate your own songs.... of course you like them... you're posting them!

I post some that I just "like" so I gotta distinguish between those and the ones I love haha.

ChicaCherryCola wrote: Slizzard is cooler than us Cool .... and introducing my little brain to new music that I actually like (Justin take notes...you have issues with that)

Razz
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Justin didn't... so he got an F for the day...you got an A. Very Happy
Yay! :party: (is that a smiley? idk. we'll see.)
ChicaCherryCola wrote:"Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk feat. Nate Ruess
Rating: 8
I cannot explain why, but I absolutely love this (and P!nk..she's amazing). Who is Nate Ruess because his voice sounds extremely familiar, I just can't place it.
YES. Glad you love P!nk. She is amazing. <3 And Nate Ruess is the lead singer of fun. who had hits last year with "We Are Young" & "Some Nights"!
ChicaCherryCola wrote:....No...just no haha. Rating = 1.... you have found my least favorite type of music (I can see this being used against me in the future haha)
I succeeded. Cool Evil or Very Mad
ChicaCherryCola wrote:However, I love Pitbull... I don't know what genre or type of music he falls under, but I feel like it's somehow related to this?
Dance/party pop rap? idk. Something like that lol
ChicaCherryCola wrote:I've heard snippets of this song and I always forget to listen to it completely! I LOVE this SO much!! I would actually buy this song.
This gets a 10 from me for sure.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's awesome! Have you heard any other songs of hers? "Scar" is another great one.
ChicaCherryCola wrote:Mine:
Civil Twilight Letters From The Sky
I heard this on the show Harper's Island years ago and I adored it. I finally found it on iTunes a couple years ago and I love it more every time I hear it.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
countryrocks wrote:Missy Higgins- Steer- 8 ..her voice is excellent! Good song too.
Very Happy
countryrocks wrote:The Pierces- Kissing You Goodbye- 10 ..I think this song is beautiful...it would be so cool if you like this Brit, but I know that might not happen haha. Slizzard- I'm not sure if you've heard of them before, but just based on some of the stuff you've been posting I think you might like them.
Never heard of it or them before, but I really like it! 7.5/10. Very Happy
ChicaCherryCola wrote:Slizzard is cooler than us Cool ....
Cool Cool Cool

And here's my next song!

Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:07 am

Yay! :party: (is that a smiley? idk. we'll see.)
.... *pictures dramatic party emoticon in my head* afro < I'm inviting him

YES. Glad you love P!nk. She is amazing. <3 And Nate Ruess is the lead singer of fun. who had hits last year with "We Are Young" & "Some Nights"!
YES! That's where I've heard that voice! He sounded really good with her actually, that surprised me.

Dance/party pop rap? idk. Something like that lol
I feel like that's extremely accurate. Dance around your living room when ABSOLUTELY NO ONE is around music...oh yes. Nobody wants to see me bust a move to "I Know You Want Me".

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's awesome! Have you heard any other songs of hers? "Scar" is another great one.
That's the only other one I know! I actually heard it on SongPop haha and I love it!

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
ARGH! I'm sorry! Hopefully this one works... I'm determined to find one that works because this song is incredible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bN4AgsNIYM

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Slizzard is cooler than us Cool ....
Cool Cool Cool
Yeah you just bask in that for a second....

Birds of Tokyo - Lantern
Rating: 8.5
I REALLY love them. I adore "Plans"! (I heard a live performance of Darren covering it, so he technically made me a fan of them haha)
(Justin is going to dislike this... forewarning haha. I've attempted to make him listen to them... nope.)

--------------
These boys were told they were too rock for country and too country for rock... BUT I say they're just perfect. Successful songwriters, but not at all successful with their own music. Had a show called "Barely Famous"...I loved it... and this was the theme song... I loved it...So basically....I love them.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:11 am

Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns- 6 ..It's true, I'm not much of a fan of them. However, this is tolerable for me. I really like the lyrics. I wouldn't buy this or listen to it on a large scale, but it's not bad.

The Warren Brothers- Change- 10 ..LOVE it!! And I'm pumped that the actual music video got uploaded!! Haven't seen that in FOREVER.

New 1:
The Pierces- Boring- first song I heard by them, and it remains my favorite. I bought the whole album actually. I love them.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns- 6 ..It's true, I'm not much of a fan of them. However, this is tolerable for me. I really like the lyrics. I wouldn't buy this or listen to it on a large scale, but it's not bad.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Warren Brothers- Change- 10 ..LOVE it!! And I'm pumped that the actual music video got uploaded!! Haven't seen that in FOREVER.
Oh I was thrilled when I found the video. I have it on VHS (they were guests on top 20 countdown) somewhere in my house along with all the episodes of Barely Famous, but like you said, haven't actually seen it in FOREVER. I miss them so much. I still remember when they were nominated for ACM's best vocal duo and they showed music vids for all the other nominees and nothing for WB and Brett's just like "They just have this picture of us on the screen that looks like it's from Better Homes and Gardens, like 'we haven't released a video in 7 years so here's a picture instead'"... I loved it. Sorry haha that just reminded me of that. I miss that show so much, it had me in tears..every episode. "Marty spent all our money on crunch and munch"...

The Pierces- Boring-
The chanting bothered me a lot and I don't know why. I loved the chorus though. I'm giving it a 6, possibly 7. It's just that darn chanting that turns me off. It fits the song, but I just don't like it.

And because this is probably one of my favorite music videos of all time:
The Warren Brothers- "Sell A Lot Of Beer"

Brodude... I found a Barely Famous snippet! I love how everyone is freakin' over Keith.... Yeah no I would have attacked Brett. Essentially I really would have been like "Who's this guy with The Warren Brothers?????"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zcUMB033Kvs&feature=endscreen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXta994JSGs - I love this
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Oh I was thrilled when I found the video. I have it on VHS (they were guests on top 20 countdown) somewhere in my house along with all the episodes of Barely Famous, but like you said, haven't actually seen it in FOREVER. I miss them so much. I still remember when they were nominated for ACM's best vocal duo and they showed music vids for all the other nominees and nothing for WB and Brett's just like "They just have this picture of us on the screen that looks like it's from Better Homes and Gardens, like 'we haven't released a video in 7 years so here's a picture instead'"... I loved it. Sorry haha that just reminded me of that. I miss that show so much, it had me in tears..every episode. "Marty spent all our money on crunch and munch"...

I remember watching a few episodes of Barely Famous... are these guys doing anything now?! I have no clue. Last thing I heard from them was Dear Mr. God

The Pierces- Boring-
The chanting bothered me a lot and I don't know why. I loved the chorus though. I'm giving it a 6, possibly 7. It's just that darn chanting that turns me off. It fits the song, but I just don't like it.

That's better than I was expecting, actually. I thought you'd hate the whole song Laughing

Brodude... I found a Barely Famous snippet! I love how everyone is freakin' over Keith.... Yeah no I would have attacked Brett. Essentially I really would have been like "Who's this guy with The Warren Brothers?????"

I'm watchin' both of those first thing after class

Sell A Lot of Beer - 4 ..I'm prepared to get hit the next time I see you, but that's the first song I heard from them and I've never really cared for it. However, I love the video! It's hilarious.

New 1:

Cat Pierce- You Are What I Want- ..one half of The Pierces. This song is very catchy and I really love her voice.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:That's the only other one I know! I actually heard it on SongPop haha and I love it!
You might like "The Special Two" as well Smile
ChicaCherryCola wrote:ARGH! I'm sorry! Hopefully this one works... I'm determined to find one that works because this song is incredible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bN4AgsNIYM
"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

muhahahahaha
ChicaCherryCola wrote:Birds of Tokyo - Lantern
Rating: 8.5
I REALLY love them. I adore "Plans"! (I heard a live performance of Darren covering it, so he technically made me a fan of them haha)
(Justin is going to dislike this... forewarning haha. I've attempted to make him listen to them... nope.)
For some reason I hated "Plans" back then. idk. but I like it now and love "Lanterns"! Glad you like it too Very Happy
ChicaCherryCola wrote:These boys were told they were too rock for country and too country for rock... BUT I say they're just perfect. Successful songwriters, but not at all successful with their own music. Had a show called "Barely Famous"...I loved it... and this was the theme song... I loved it...So basically....I love them.
Wasn't expecting to like it but I do! 6.5/10.

I'll get to the others later!
Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I remember watching a few episodes of Barely Famous... are these guys doing anything now?! I have no clue. Last thing I heard from them was Dear Mr. God
Nothing but songwriting... that was the last I heard from them as well which is just a shame. I love all their music, but I much prefer their edgier songs.
Sell A Lot of Beer - 4 ..I'm prepared to get hit the next time I see you, but that's the first song I heard from them and I've never really cared for it. However, I love the video! It's hilarious.
Haha you're fine! I like the video a lot more than I like the song. I still love it, but I agree with your rating. I would have given it a 6 though. First song I heard was "Move On"...then "That's The Beat of A Heart"....this was number 3. haha.
Cat Pierce- You Are What I Want-
....3/10. I really didn't care for this one.

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
muhahahahaha
What the heck..... Seriously youtube hates me. These guys aren't even American! haha.
I'm trying this ONE MORE TIME. Cross your fingers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWeffwX6JM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReAWq3lyHg8
For some reason I hated "Plans" back then. idk. but I like it now and love "Lanterns"! Glad you like it too Very Happy
It really grew on me. I preferred Darren's at first over the original, but I grew to adore it.
Wasn't expecting to like it but I do! 6.5/10.
cheers You have no idea how much this pleases me. They're so underrated, but incredibly talented.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:
Haha you're fine! I like the video a lot more than I like the song. I still love it, but I agree with your rating. I would have given it a 6 though. First song I heard was "Move On"...then "That's The Beat of A Heart"....this was number 3. haha.

haha you rated your own song!! I'm so proud of you Wink
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next