Country Music Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Rating Game

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Song Rating Game Empty Song Rating Game

Post  countryrocks Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Post and rate a song (and provide a link to the song if possible) and then future posters rate it on a scale from 1 to 10. 1 meaning you hate it, and 10 meaning you love it. Feel free to rate as many previous songs as you want, you don't have to just rate the last posters song.

Little Big Town- Tornado- 10 ..feel free to make a comment about the song, and the next poster(s) do the same and then post a new song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdvpPL2mbI
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

https://thecmzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Song Rating Game Empty Re: Song Rating Game

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 am

Can I post Darren? Pwease? bounce *waits patiently for masters answer*
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 am

countryrocks wrote:Post and rate a song (and provide a link to the song if possible) and then future posters rate it on a scale from 1 to 10. 1 meaning you hate it, and 10 meaning you love it. Feel free to rate as many previous songs as you want, you don't have to just rate the last posters song.

Little Big Town- Tornado- 10 ..feel free to make a comment about the song, and the next poster(s) do the same and then post a new song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdvpPL2mbI

8!!!....possibly 8.5.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 am

ChicaCherryCola wrote:Can I post Darren? Pwease? bounce *waits patiently for masters answer*

Yup! Go ahead and post any song from any genre!
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 pm

countryrocks wrote:
ChicaCherryCola wrote:Can I post Darren? Pwease? bounce *waits patiently for masters answer*

Yup! Go ahead and post any song from any genre!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Eve 6- Victoria- 9 ..I have a few mixed feelings about it, but I do love it. it does sounds good. Curious what you think of it.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 pm

ok so as you well know I LOVE LOVE LOVE Eve 6... I really dislike the lyrics, a lot. I think the point could have been made with a stronger vocabulary because I know they are capable of it ("Inside Out")... but I love this song... I love it's sound and I love his voice. Rating: 7.5
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 pm

ChicaCherryCola wrote:ok so as you well know I LOVE LOVE LOVE Eve 6... I really dislike the lyrics, a lot. I think the point could have been made with a stronger vocabulary because I know they are capable of it ("Inside Out")... but I love this song... I love it's sound and I love his voice. Rating: 7.5

The song (music at least) is very pop/rock-ish, and that's where some of my mixed feelings came into play. The lyrics aren't anything special but I have to say, I love the lines "I don't believe you went to bed at 10:15" and "I don't know why I even try I need another tequila" haha. (after you rate a song, you should post one too Wink )

Little Big Town- Runaway Train- 10 ..okay, I am going to play you some of their songs from Tornado, but this song is on their previous album The Reason Why. I LOVE this song, it was my favorite from that album for sure!! They played this live at and it was AMAZING! I think it was at the fair actually. Only place I could find the studio version was MySpace.
http://www.myspace.com/littlebigtown/music/songs/runaway-train-72116929
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:47 pm

This has to happen. I have been completely obsessed with this song since the moment I heard it to the point where it may very well be my favorite Darren Hayes song at this point (That's saying a lot, I have never been able to choose). The lyrics are INCREDIBLE (it's Darren, that's obvious, he is the ultimate songwriter) and the melody and sound of it are completely captivating and vocally, wow. It's very simple, but incredible. It didn't fit, flow wise, on his The Tension And The Spark album so he cut it out of the lineup and put it on the single CD as a B-side for "Darkness"... He writes too many songs then the record company goes "we want 12 songs, narrow it down" and he ends up throwing out the ones that don't flow as well with the concept and sound of the album...
Darren Hayes - Random Blinking Light
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Darren Hayes - Random Blinking Light - 10 ..this song was done perfectly. The lyrics are good enough to stand alone, but paired with the production and vocal arrangements enhances the lyrics so much it's not even funny. It's Darren, so the vocalizing is going to be amazing, but like you said it's very simple and it enhances the lyrics 100%. so does the music. A+
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

countryrocks wrote:Darren Hayes - Random Blinking Light - 10 ..this song was done perfectly. The lyrics are good enough to stand alone, but paired with the production and vocal arrangements enhances the lyrics so much it's not even funny. It's Darren, so the vocalizing is going to be amazing, but like you said it's very simple and it enhances the lyrics 100%. so does the music. A+

cheers Yeaaah :p
I agree with everything said! This is on the verge of being my favorite Darren Hayes song. There is something so different and so special about it that besides the obvious reasons it's amazing, there is also reasons that can't even be put into words.

I wish other people came on here to discover new music and rate it dangit! haha! It's the us show right now... we should leave this one so that people rate it... I wanna know people's thoughts on it since we are ridiculously bias about Darren.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 am

Nobody posts on this so we're on our own buddy.....

Here's something new, Two videos, Two versions of the song... Australian version VS US version... and GO..... *sips tea*

I'm partial to both because i just love this song.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Australian version: 8 ..I really like the song and the soft music in this one. Good vocal arrangements in this song. Great lyrics too

US version: 7 ..still good but not as good. The beat is too heavy. I like the Australian version better because of the softer music, it allows her voice to be front and center.

Here's my new ones:

Thompson Square- Glass- 6 ..The song is just okay, but Shawna Thompson's voice is so beautiful I do listen to it every now and then. And I love the lyrics so that helps.

Thompson Square- If I Didn't Have You- 7 ..I like the song itself a little better, but again I really love her voice. The lyrics are good too.

countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:46 pm

^8... Glass is alright but I'm a bigger fan of If I Didn't Have You

ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Live- Lightening Crashes- 2 ..Don't care for it, but I'm not even sure what the song is about?

Leela James- Something's Got A Hold on Me- 9
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:52 pm

It's essentially about living and dying. It's one of my favorite songs...ever. The lyrics are beautiful.

^Was that supposed to be serious or a joke? i'm taking it as a joke because that was awful... 0... it doesn't even deserve a 1.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Matthew West - Moved By Mercy..... 10.... It's my favorite of his. He is INSANELY talented and amazing live. This album is incredible also.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:14 pm

I love how you gave it a 0 Laughing

The Matthew West song gets a 9 from me. That was super good. The female singer was amazing too. Love the lyrics.

New one...

The Kinley's- She Ain't The Girl For You- 10 ..I don't know if you remember them but I adore this song. I couldn't embed it on here because it doesn't work on video's from this site.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-45583166001/the_kinleys_she_aint_the_girl_for_you_official_music_video/

countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 pm

countryrocks wrote:I love how you gave it a 0 Laughing

The Matthew West song gets a 9 from me. That was super good. The female singer was amazing too. Love the lyrics.

New one...

The Kinley's- She Ain't The Girl For You- 10 ..I don't know if you remember them but I adore this song. I couldn't embed it on here because it doesn't work on video's from this site.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-45583166001/the_kinleys_she_aint_the_girl_for_you_official_music_video/

It's an extremely well put together song, lyrically, vocally, everything. When I bought the album that was the one that stood out to me the most. Apparently she is Taylor Swift'd fiddle player.. Go figure she'd have more talent than Taylor. She should be the one selling out shows, the girl can really sing.

I didn't watch the video I just had it playing in the background, but I do like it.
Rating: 7

New Song:
David Cook- Permanent ... not much needs to be said about this. It's a 10.
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 pm

David Cook- Permanent- 10 Sad but absolutely beautiful.

Within Temptation- Stand My Ground- 10 ..love the song, and the lyrics get an A+++. If you can't handle this one musically I'll also put these lyrics in the notebook, because they're excellent.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Rating: 8.5
I actually loved it. I was for sure expecting screamo and I was GOING to say "Is this really necessary for you to put me through this?" haha. This has more of an Evanescence feel to it than the stuff you usually make me listen to. I'm impressed.

I have to... This is one of my favorite SG songs by far and i'm still bitter about it being taken off the US version of their first album. The high pitched british accented rap bit kills me every time I hear it. "You're the fries on the side with a cherry on top!" cherry Yes, I am actually. cheers

ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 am

I actually really, legitimately do not like screamo. At all. Here's proof: I hate this. Just listen to a couple seconds of it, it'll show you the type of "rock" "music" I really hate. (You seem to think I like screamo- I need to set the record straight haha)

As for All Around Me- 9. It's so dang catchy!!

Here's a new one...since I don't consider what I posted earlier to count as an actual song haha.

Patty Loveless- Can't Get Enough- 10 ..I don't know if you like her or not, but I love her! She's an amazing singer and she has such good songs. Sadly this is the only vid I could find of this song on YouTube. The music video used to be posted, but I guess it got taken down.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slizzard Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:43 am

Mind if I interrupt you two? Wink

"Can't Get Enough": 7/10. Sounds good but not really my thing. Razz

Judging from the posts above I don't have to post country songs, right? So I went for the exact opposite. Very Happy

"Feel The Love" - Rudimental feat. John Newman Very Happy Apparently I'm not allowed to post external links, so replace "[dot]" with "." in the pseudo-link below Smile

youtube[dot]com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0
Slizzard
Slizzard

Back to top Go down

Post  countryrocks Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 am

haha, more the merrier! I changed it so you should be able to post external links now. Smile

Feel The Love- 7 ..I dig it! And I'm feelin' the love Laughing

New one:

Far East Movement- Like A G6- 7 ..it's not a good representation of my taste in music, but I do kinda like this one. The beat works for me. I like your username "Slizzard" and, of course, it naturally makes me think of this song.
countryrocks
countryrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChicaCherryCola Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm

countryrocks wrote:I actually really, legitimately do not like screamo. At all. Here's proof: I hate this. Just listen to a couple seconds of it, it'll show you the type of "rock" "music" I really hate. (You seem to think I like screamo- I need to set the record straight haha)
JUSTIN OH MY GOD! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT!? That was literally the devil coming out of that poor girl! However their band name made me lol! for about 2 minutes straight....iwrestledabearonce... I felt like I was playing Mad Gab until I got it. You have played me music that is on the verge of screamo my friend, don't even deny that! Remember that one chick? Yeah you know what I'm talking about... Why you subject me to this I will never know!

Patty Loveless- Can't Get Enough- 10 ..I don't know if you like her or not, but I love her! She's an amazing singer and she has such good songs. Sadly this is the only vid I could find of this song on YouTube. The music video used to be posted, but I guess it got taken down.
Definitely not my cup of tea
Song Rating Game Sips_t13
But I give it a 6 because it's well produced and put together... I've never been much a fan of her music though. I do think she is very talented and I like her voice Smile

countryrocks wrote: Far East Movement- Like A G6- 7 ..it's not a good representation of my taste in music, but I do kinda like this one. The beat works for me. I like your username "Slizzard" and, of course, it naturally makes me think of this song.

I give it a 6.... The electronics turn me off slightly, but I do enjoy this song and it has a contagious beat! Jared and I used to drive around in his car in the winter and play this just so we could go "Like a blizzard"...

Dear God I write too much.

Last edited by ChicaCherryCola on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicaCherryCola
ChicaCherryCola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next